Maybe I should have come here first before getting my hands dirty, but I did free the worm from the output shaft of the motor. It took about 10 minutes of continuous heat to the motor and some additional flux and solder (what I'd assume to get the other solder to flow) and a quick blow from a pliers straddling the shaft popped it right off. Since I had the iron hot I soldered up my connector that I bought and received last night. Looks like I need to sharpen up my small soldering skills a bit, but all connections are separate with no solder bridges. I'm excited to get this installed into #44's tender as its been forever since I've last installed a sound decoder, let alone a steamer. Eventually the wires will be painted to camouflage them.