The Uhu02 appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by ThunderChild, May 8, 2010.

1. youngku

youngku New Member

Thanks uhu02 for this wonderful model! It made a great gift for a Star Wars fan friend of mine!

Attached Files:

JJD, zathros and Revell-Fan like this.
  2. apaperworker

apaperworker New Member

Not that he needs any suggestions. His choices are a wonderful collection from the absurd to the sublime. But what would you like to see UHU02 build? I think about this every once in a while. I think I would like to see him make the arc of the covenant from Raiders.
  3. DJPinter

DJPinter Trusted Confidant

A Space 1999 Eagle would be awesome. Hopefully he'll complete the derelict ship from Alien he teased us with.
  4. shortlineflyer

shortlineflyer New Member

I am trying to understand how some of his models are assembled. I have seen his instruction pages but they skip steps because thats the nature of still photos. For example, on the Mk. II Viper there are no tabs to glue. how do these parts attach to the frame. Do you use just one paper weight or do you use different weights as needed. in the instructions, it looks like he uses card stock but I am not sure. Also, I noticed on UHU02's website, that his models are numbered. There are a few numbers missing, does anyone know what the missing models were?

Thank you,
    Shorty
  5. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator Moderator

This is a procedure called "edge-glueing". It allows you to assemble the parts without deforming them by glue tabs and makes for a better fit of the parts. UHU02 is a real master of that. :bowdown:

@shortlineflyer : You have chosen the wrong thread for your questions. This thread is dedicated to the appreciation of UHU02 and his models only. Don't worry, nothing bad. I'll copy your questions to your intro thread to be answered there: http://www.zealot.com/threads/intro.179902/

:)
  6. zathros

zathros -----SENIOR---- Administrator Moderator

I answered your questions in your Introduction, this thread is strictly to show appreciation for UHU's models, and absolutely nothing else. Thanks. ;)