The Uhu02 appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by ThunderChild, May 8, 2010.

1. Maverick65

Maverick65 Member

Thanks Uhu for sharing your new Dewey model with us here. It's a wonderful work of art like all the rest of your models are.

I just dl'd the S.S. Heart of Gold from your site. Wow what a wonderful addition to the ever growing Hitchhiker collection. From a huge Douglas Adams fan I thank you BIG BIG. Thanks also for posting and sharing your build pics.

You are a true artist.
  2. Eric Ferguson

Eric Ferguson Member

Many THANKS Uhu!!!! Especially for including the cards. Great scene in "Silent Running" when the droids start cheating LOL! Beautiful and wonderful as always with your creations.
  3. Joy Cohn

Joy Cohn New Member

Thanks for Dewey

Thank you for showing how to create, too! I learn much while watching the 3D design.

Uhu02, you make creating look easy. I think perhaps you are a mechanical engineer, too!
  4. Joy Cohn

Joy Cohn New Member

Question

I watch your site every day and watch. On some days I see many parts assembled.

I would like to know what type of glue is used which allows your fast assembly.

Thank you!
  5. Joy Cohn

Joy Cohn New Member

RE: Question

Today, I see your close view on image #135 - how to apply the white glue.

Wakarimasu.

あなたの説明にをありがとうございました。
  6. DanBKing

DanBKing Dan the Man

Merry Christmas

Look what UHU02 has given us for Christmas!!!!!!!:mrgreen::mrgreen:

2001 ASO Space Station V

The whole model is now available for download from his site.

Many many thanks UHU02. :thumb::thumb:

Over 30 pages for this baby, and an extremely difficult build it looks.

f.jpg
  7. merzo

merzo New Member

Well, good afternoon

I would like to thank the very generous Christmas gift.

8. vulcan8630

vulcan8630 Member

Domo Arigato, sensei uhu02!
  9. Selezen

Selezen Member

That is a beautiful model, and you are a god among men.

Very impressive design, thank you for sharing. :)
  10. teslin

teslin New Member

Uhu02, those dang rabbits can be so elusive. You have one heck of a sense of humor. Thank you for all your time and efforts! All told, off and on, over a period of about 3weeks with a condensed time line of probably less than 10 hours to figure out the clues. Its all right here within this forum. Love the puzzles and the reward at the end! Keep it up, stay safe. Now the fun begins with choosing which to build first! Thank you!
  11. lemonade

lemonade New Member

I love Uhu02's models. I do have them all and hope I have the due time to build each one with the deserved attention. They're all masterpieces. Thank you Uhu02 so much for these models.
  12. ShadowHawk141

ShadowHawk141 Member

After a lot of searching, puzzling and tearing my hair out I found out the password for Uhu's Gallerie.

silence........

That was my reaction to what I saw there.

Those models are so fantastic that I'm at a loss of words.

I downloaded the Enterprise but I'm gonna wait untill I'm more experienced until I build it, I wouldn't give Uhu or the model the credit he or it deserves if I didn't.

Thank you so much Uhu for sharing this with this community, I wish I could do something in return but my papercrafting skills are just not sufficient enough.

Thank you,
    Elko
  13. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Make sure you download all of the instructions. Very important!! Congratulations !! :)
  14. sgoti

sgoti Officially Licensed Smart Aleck

I'm sure that simply taking the time to express your appreciation and gratitude goes a long way towards giving back to the community.

There's a reason our parents tried to drill "please" and "thank you" into our heads when we were wee ones...
  15. Paperbender

Paperbender New Member

Started interseptor some time ago and return to it whenever my nerves and crampted fingers will allow. Now that I'm interested again I can't find the instructions on my computer. Web site seems to be down (easy to understand as he must get swampted because of unexcelled talent). I may need someone to help me if they have stored the instructions download.
  16. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Paperbender, see P.M. I have sent you. :)

Thank You UHU for the fantastic model you have designed and are designing right now!!

Please remember, this thread is for showing appreciation for UHU's work, and that is it, all other topics will be considered off topic and unapproved.

If anyone has a question, Please just send me a P.M. (Personal Message), do not post it here. O.K.? Thank You,

17. rgmarine

rgmarine New Member

Thanks UHU, you have made a great contribution to humanity!
  18. Rogerio Silva

Rogerio Silva Active Member

Many thanks!

I have started, for the second time, to build UHU02' Enterprise. I just can't express the satisfaction of having this absolutely fantastic model FOR FREE. Although my building is far from making the more-than-necessary honnor to UHU02, it's my way of saying THANK YOU!
    And UHU02 just chose many of the models that I've seen on my childhood and youth, but never had the chance to get my hands on. That Time Machine is to me dreamlike (pardon me for inventing), and a MUST build soon. And so is the TIE interceptor!
    What to say more? I leave here with the silence of my awe and humble admiration. Your name is known even here, half around the globe!

Rogério Silva
  19. Matty Jetman

Matty Jetman New Member

Wow Uhu, you just keep coming with more and more beautiful models. Just seen your UFO interceptor and it's amazing! Here's hoping that you will be doing other UFO models as well!!!

Adios,
    Matt
  20. Maverick65

Maverick65 Member

Just dl'd the UFO Interceptor, what a fantastic model. Thank you Uhu02, you are a true artist and craftsman.