The Third gauge Layout Party!!! :) :) :)

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
I got some more donre on the missile car site. :D

The LED's around the wall are starting to go in, as well as the second key switch for the "Launch" indicator (Red Leds around the bottom of the missile)

Attachments

• Layout80604a.jpg
    Layout80604a.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 97

Freelancer

Oct 24, 2002
Utah
www.yardlimit.com
N Gauger, I love the LED's :eek: Is that a black light you've got there too? Cool! :thumb:

I started working on another decoder install, but with complications I was quickly turned away and started on something else. Thanks to justincase I was inspired to start working again on my turntable. I have painted and 'weathered'? the bridge and have been working on putting ballast in the pit. I was hoping that it would give it a more realistic appearance then the molded in rocks. I sure hope it turns out.

Freelancer

SD90

May 23, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Freelancer, nice work your trees! I think the droopy branches look realistic, most of the trees I see out in the mountains do look quite droopy, I guess they don't get taken care of as good as the ones in town. Nice work again!

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Freelancer said:
N Gauger, I love the LED's :eek: Is that a black light you've got there too? Cool! :thumb:

Freelancer said:
I started working on another decoder install, but with complications I was quickly turned away and started on something else. Thanks to justincase I was inspired to start working again on my turntable. I have painted and 'weathered'? the bridge and have been working on putting ballast in the pit. I was hoping that it would give it a more realistic appearance then the molded in rocks. I sure hope it turns out.

Freelancer
Yeah, Me too - cant wait to see it!!!!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Here is a little of what I had done lately. I have worked on "finishing" coal hoppers. The first three are my Atlas 2-bay offset hoppers. I had to finish painting the wheels. I had painted the front but not the back and axles. Also on two of them their coal loads had gotten damaged and need some repair. So now these hopper can join my "completed" ones.

Also I finally got around to getting some poster board and making a backdrop for my dioramas. I also gave the backdrop a try.

ath.jpg

ati.jpg

atj.jpg

Ray Marinaccio

Aug 4, 2003
Dewey Az.
Visit site
Hand rails for the U33B were fabricated using .015" piano wire and Athearn older style stanchions. The ones you have to form the looped end. I snipped about 1/32" off the tab before forming the loops around a piece of .015" wire. The ends that insert into the shell were shortened by the same amount and the ends filed to ease installation.
The railings are a little crooked because they aren't perminantly attached to the shell to make masking and painting easier.

Attachments

• Aug09007.JPG
    Aug09007.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 91

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Since Mikey is applying a little pressure here I finished two more hoppers. :eek: :D Both of these needed their plastic wheels replaced with metal wheels.

First is a custom lettered NYC 2-bay offset hopper. This car started as a Bev-Bel/Athearn Red oxide hopper.
atw.jpg

Next is a K&D Hobbies/Athearn 2-bay offset hopper in Lehigh & New England Billboard scheme:
atv.jpg

I have also begun painting more metal wheels. Right now I have enough wheels to do six hoppers. That will leave me two hoppers short for the ones that need wheels. I also have two hoppers sitting on the bench that need weights painted, additional weight added, and coal loads made. I don’t know if I will get them finished by the fifteen.

F

Fred_M

I got just about all the landscaping done that I can do for now on the warehouse project. I am also working on a coal tower which is coming along nicely over in scratch n sniff. Here's a pix og the warehouse wall. fred

Attachments

• progress.jpg
    progress.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 67
F

Fred_M

Helpful hint, I no longer cast and carve stone block walls, order Faller 272592 DecoFlex foam wall if/while you can still get it. It's extruded foam wall and comes in 14 1/2 X 4 X 1/4 2 sheets to a pack and is the stonework pictured. I weathered it by accident with spraypaint (the smoother areas). It's a real timesaver scenery product. FRED