The Third gauge Layout Party!!! :) :) :)

F

Fred_M

Didn't get much done, just a door, some of the roof, and a corner trim on. Also got a white LED outdoor light mounted and working. I'm spending totally too much time doing chores and screwing around on the net. Fred

Attachments

• warehouse4.jpg
    warehouse4.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 136

Freelancer

Oct 24, 2002
Utah
www.yardlimit.com
Progress

Well, I have had no real progress. Right when I though I was making progress I was pushed backwards. I still haven't added the strobe to my switcher yet because I wanted to get the decoder working first, before I drilled the hole. :confused: I finally got the decoder working and the light working and was ready to take a picture for all you happy people to see, when I let the smoke out of the decoder. (Word of advice, don't inhale the smoke) I didn't even get the picture taken before it went up in a puff of smoke. :mad: I suppose I will just have to start over again.

Freelancer

Ray Marinaccio

Aug 4, 2003
Dewey Az.
Visit site
I made some progress with the U-boat pilots.
Didn't get any further with the GP60.
I decided instead of just painting the stock GP35s, F7s, F3 and C-liners, I'm going to add some extra details to them. This may set these projects back a bit but I'll be happier with them.
I haven't found any of the parts for the MDC 0-6-0t's.

Attachments

• Jul12005.JPG
    Jul12005.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 123
Jun 30, 2003
Raleigh, NC
Visit site
Stuff bought

this is my new stuff for the 30x54 train set
an OCR plywood board and 2 foam boards, 4 1x3 pines to use as a base.

Not pictured: 2 cans of liquid nails, a can of 'oops' mud-colored paint, a sanding block.

Attachments

• newtrain2.jpg
    newtrain2.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 134
Jun 30, 2003
Raleigh, NC
Visit site
Matthyro said:
OK this will keep you busy for a while SS

I hope not too long! I plan to put the frame together Thursday, and glue the foam on Saturday. :sleeping: :sleeping:

Then I just have to pick a trackplan! :confused: (see in the track planning thread for my confused decisions! :D :D :D

Jun 30, 2003
Raleigh, NC
Visit site
Well, the frame is glued

A little behind my schedule, but not too bad, since I don't plan to buy track until august :)

heres the frame being held together while the glue dries.

Attachments

• IMG_0018.jpg
    IMG_0018.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 123

Ray Marinaccio

Aug 4, 2003
Dewey Az.
Visit site
Speaking of being behind schedule.
I got the fuel tank fabricated and installed on the GP60 frame, installed the rest of the drive and took it for a test run. :D
Didn't make much progress on any of the others. :(

Attachments

• Jul17003.JPG
    Jul17003.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 123

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
It's great to see the progress you are all making. Very littile for me this week as washing the glue and ballst off old cork roadbed isn't very interesting but as I have so much of it there idoesn't make sense to go out and buy new stuff

C

Catt

Only thing I did to the layout this week was put down about 2' of ballast ,shape the shoulders to a nice slope,then realize I was looking at bright shiney "unpainted" nickel silver rail. :(

Oh well,at least I caught it before the glue went on.

Aside from that I got one of my undec GP40-2s in primer awaiting a coat of Chineese Red and lettering for the Hocking Valley RR.

F

Fred_M

This week I got the trim on, part of the roof done, and some old weathered signs in place. I also did a little detailing to it. I also went driving along the tracks today to see what I could see (my version of railfanning). I also got the ragged yard mowed, it grew 4 inches since last weekend and was hard to cut. The yard looks like a hayfield now. Fred

Attachments

• warehouse5.jpg
    warehouse5.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 120

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Well - I Had a good weekend, Spent it with a friend & some Real Trains :)

We went to a Junk Store.. Yeah - I came home heavier in the car - but Lighter in the wallet. :D :D :D

I bought 2 1 RPM Motors - There's gonna be animation on The MF&W :) The LPB's will be moving around now!! :eek: :eek:

I bought a G Gauge cable car (Ski Lift) about 5 years ago & it didnt have a motor. ($5.00) instead of $35.00 -- I just got the Motor - 5.00 :)

So One Motor goes for that & the second will be used to make something "Move" on the layout.

I also got 24 gauge Gold wire - I'll think of something for it too!! :)

I may be in a Loop like last time - I planned something...but ended up working on something else..... As soon as the lift is working, I'll post some pics... but you knew that already didn't you?? :D :D :D