The "Thank A Designer" Thread

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by sdk2knbk, Feb 14, 2007.

1. lepton

lepton New Member

Attached Files:

2. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Thank you to the PopShun site. Those models got me hooked on paper models.

Also, thank you Gearz for a great Galactica. I thought it'd be a CAD-drawn image, but the textures coming off the studio model was both surprising and well-recieved!

I'd also like to thank Jaybats, for proving that a model doesn't have to be intricate and detailed to be popular!
  3. Gearz

Gearz Member

Thank you MF.. glad you liked it. :grin:
  4. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

5. LovelyLeopardess

LovelyLeopardess Member

To Bazooka! Not enough people take the time and effort to create paper renditions of famous cartoon characters! Awesome models you are making

I saw a Winnie the Pooh papercraft on another place, I cannot find anywhere in the world it is from, betting it was from a japanese pepakura convention :( I would LOVE to go to one of those someday. Disney, Looney Tunes, Anime, Hanna Barbara papercrafts would be total ownage...
  6. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Thanks Orcberto

Thanks to Alberto for a great little model of the Tie Fighter. An amazing 71 pieces are packed into this little beauty making it a very satisfying model to build and display. I'm looking forward to building some of his other models.
    http://www.geocities.com/orcberto/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  7. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Steve, looks like you scalped R2 for the window

Great looking Tie Fighter

Rick
  8. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

No scalpem R2

Thanks Rick, and nope, that's straight from the pattern, but it certainly does look that way doesn't it?
  9. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Where is everyone?

I must say I'm surprised this thread hasn't been more active. So, just to keep it alive, thanks to Nobi for his free 1/100 Spitfire (shown here enlarged to 1/72) and to Olliver Bizer for the great little helicopter model.
    I built Nobi's spitfire in the 1/100 scale and it turns out even better. I also modified Olli's helicopter so that the main rotor spins. I tried to get the tail rotor to spin also, but the first attempt failed (the rotor fell off when I tried to spin it) and the second got a little too much glue, so I say it turns, but it's stuck for some reason.
    And hey everybody, I'm sure you have a designer or two you'd like to thank.....

Attached Files:

10. Oliver Bizer

Oliver Bizer Member

You are welcome :wave:

Thank you for your nice words :oops:

Perfect build of the models :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Regards
    Olli
  11. gregh

gregh Member

Well for those of us that have a very heavy workload, sometimes we don't even have the time to login to this site on a regular basis, I do wish to THANK ALL of the designers. By downloading we really are thanking you. Getting the time to build, photograph and post pics is another story. Yes, i build for my grandsons and they assist with the build, they sometimes take them to school for "show & tell". The other kids eyes light up !. Younger grandson & i built an AT-6 Texan, he took it to school & now it hangs from the ceiling in the classroom.