The Soo's Red Wing Division

Starman

Sep 21, 2006
I have been reading a lot on this layout and i have some question's that i hope someone can help me with.
1. Is there a better track plan for this layout that will give you the right dimentions[hope i spelled that right bad at spelling] on where to lay the track.
2. Will this be bigger than a 4x8 layout and will i need more space.
As i said i have read a lot on this but when you look at the track plan it does not tell you like when to lay a 9'' inch section as to when to lay a 18'' inch section or a 22'' inch section so i am lost when it comes to that.I am looking at the track plan in a book called [Small railroads you can build] and if you have this book it is on page 8-19 and the track plan is on page 10.I have everything to build this i just need help with the track laying.
Thank you for the help
Starman

N

nachoman

this was a project railroad in model railroader about 10 years ago. I bet the article in the book is just a re-print of the article from the magazine, so i doubt you will find more info.

Don't despair. If you have a PC, you can dowload atlas right track software for free, and play around and see if you can get the same track arrangement. I think this was a standard 4x8 layout, and I seem to remember this one using a short piece of flex track for one of the curves...

hmm let me google it and see if this is the same one I rememberr.

Kevin

Starman

Sep 21, 2006
Thank you nachoman, yes i do have a pc and i will download that and see what i come up with.I think you are right about it being 10 yrs old or more.

Starman

Sep 21, 2006
Hey masonjar,
Thanks for that advice you gave here i went to that web site and it did help with what i was trying to find out and i also e-mail them to see if they might give me some insight into how they built their's.