The Seixal Station

Hello to all The-Gaugers

Today, I'm posting some photos on my new work. I'm working in this project only at weekends, and the model photos were taken only yesterday. The prototype is a station in the south border of the Tagus River, in front of Lisbon, that was a former terminal of a suburban line, from Barreiro to Cacilhas. However, the entire line was never built and the line stood between Barreiro and Seixal. The traffic was closed in 1969, but the station build is still there and is the home to the Local Red Cross. Here's a photo from the prototype.

Attachments

• seixal2.jpg
    seixal2.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 397
Having only the photos and a measurement tape, I went to this station and started taking measures and notes. When I got home, I transfered the data I gathered to my computer and made the drawing. But I wasn't satisfied and then I drew everything by hand. Those drawings you can see under the scratchbuild of the building. I also started with the goods depot. But now, let's stay with the picture for the station. I promise more developments next week... now I want to hear some commentaires...

Attachments

• amfp 024small.jpg
    amfp 024small.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 368

jon-monon

Wow! the prototype is a nice looking building with charactor and so shall your model be, I am sure :) I am looking forward to seeing more of it! It looks like you are off to a nice start :thumb:

Arlaghan

Gosh, that sure brings back memories of my days in college! Nice elevation you have drawn there. Your model is taking shape nicely and I look forward to seeing more. :)

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Looks good Ricardo! It very gratifying to model something you've seen in real life. You are off to a great start!
Ralph

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
I think it is great fun to build a model of an actual building. You are off to a good start Ricardo

Originally posted by 60103
Ricardo
How do you pronounce "Seixal"? My Portugese isn't that hot.

Seixal is pronounced just like, let me try:

S - hey - shall :wave: :wave:

(try saying every little part separated, then you'll have the full word - Seixal)... portuguese language, just kind of funny...

:D :D :D

I know I took a little longer than I promised, but now I'm able to post some more developments in my "portuguese station". After a few time, now, I've fully developed the walls, the stone corners and the window and door marks. Now I'm working on the roofs... but that will have to hold. Now, the photos. Hope you all enjoy, and of course, I'll wait for the feedback... :D

Attachments

• img_0001.jpg
    img_0001.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 226

shaygetz

Originally posted by Ricardo Correia
... portuguese language, just kind of funny...

:D :D :D

Try American English, as in---I went bass fishing after practicing on my bass drum all day. ---or--- After I read one book, I found another one to read.

Great work, I am especially fond of European equipment. What kind of passenger equipment is that in the last picture? It looks like an articulated bus, very nice.

Originally posted by shaygetz

Great work, I am especially fond of European equipment. What kind of passenger equipment is that in the last picture? It looks like an articulated bus, very nice.

That equipment is what we called in Portugal a "Ferrobus". It is a railcar just like the german ones we know. This little critters spread all over Europe from Danmark to Germany, than Spain and to Portugal. Portugal bought second hand twelve of these equipments to Spain to use them in small traffic lines. However, they never worked very well and then, they were placed apart and in the early 2003, the last one, reserved for the museum, was demolished and sent to scrap...

Originally posted by nalmeida
Looking good Ricardo, keep' em coming :)

Any news on the N Scale Modules?

Just waiting to have some free time to talk with you. I already have everything prepared for us to talk about those...