The Rock

jon-monon

I was on the telly with my good friend Shamus a few weeks ago, fidgeting around outside and I found this rock it the driveway. It's perfect, and this is exactly how I found it. It has moss on it and even bits of pyrite in it.

I'm going to have fun placing it about my layout and see if the LPBs can get some of the fools gold out of it.

Anyone else find a natural rock that looked perfect on your layout?

Attachments

• therock.jpg
    therock.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 133

jon-monon

I think it was somehow tracked in from my parents, an hour North of here, and I'll be going back tonorrow and have high hopes of finding more of the same :D :D :D And at that price, I'll take the whole stock :D

That's right, Clerk, or even pressed into the foam. I just set it there for the photo, took the shot, and forgot all about it for a couple of weeks :D

rockislandmike

LOL actually, I have a big rock I picked up in Kelowna that I want to make a mold of and cast it in hydrocal. Your rock just reminded me of it.

belg

So the pet rock makes a return:D I hope you two are very happy together. :thumb: You better whistle for him or he'll get away,Pat.

spitfire

Jon, I use real rocks, stones and dirt on my layout all the time. Nothing beats it for colour. I even took a jar full of dirt to the paint store to match the colour for my base coat, but somehow the real thing just looks more....what's the word I'm looking for?......real!

Val