The Rock Island on CD ROM

kf4jqd

Hello Everyone:

I am looking for anything to do with the Rock Island Line to make a CD-ROM. I have alot of info from the RITS and many of their links. Does some has something unique about The Rock? Any info would help!

I also have another idea. Could we put modelling info from The Gauge on CD so our member don't have to go on line to look for some info?

Andy

IMRL393

Andy -

Two book sources I've found to be useful are:

1. "Rock Island Diesel Locomotives 1930-1980" by Louis A. Marre.

Amazon will tell you its out of print, but you can get a copy thru

Railfax, Inc.
PO Box 41417
Cincinnati, Ohio 45241

Actually, I ordered a copy thru my local train store, Midwest Trains.

Lots of good info on RI diesel locos - some color photos, and a good number of b/w.

2. "Rock Island Color Guide to Freight and Passenger Equipment"

by Steve Hile, David Hickcox and Todd Miller
Morning Sun Books, Inc.

Title says it all ! Except that this is diesel era equipment.

can get a copy via Walthers (~ $50)

Walthers also has two other "color guides" books on RI diesels - haven't seen them yet (will prob order someday, when I have some more coins piled up!).

The RITS (and Jeff's Guide) are my main websites, but you know about those!

Good luck with your project - keep us posted !!!!!!

- George

Hi Andy, in principle the Gauge has no problem with reproducing info from this site, however if you're thinking of takng articles from the Academy then its really the authors ie Shamus, George, etc that have to give permission.

Dave Hagan

kf4jqd

Thanks

Thanks for the info. I was thinking about that too Dave. Also with the Rock Island CD, I have copy right info on there. I do have permission from the owners. I just can't sell it.

George:
I will probly be coming to Bettendorf in the next few days. My Grandmother is dying and the doctors don't exspect her to live through the week. We're playing the waiting game. So that I won't get so depressed. I was thinking about visiting train stores. Where are they? I know that their was one downtown East Moline and Davenport. But that was over 10 years ago! I wont have much time, this time. So I don't know if we could met up. I'll keep you posted.

Andy

PS
Anywhere I can see old Rock Island stuff?