The Progress of Edaville in On2

Edavillenut

the layout is based on edaville railroad in south carver mass which is or was a cranberry plantition and tourist railroad using the old maine 2 footers

ok here is the work from the first 2 weeks

the benchframe was built using 1x4 pine and 2x3 legs.
it is being built in a modular form the straight modules are 30"x 48" the corners are 48"x48"
IMG_1453.jpg

the layout top is 1/2" sanded ply glued and screwed to the 1x4
and my 2 1/2 year old she is always in the wrong spot at the wrong time 8 out of 10 of my pics has her in them

IMG_1465.jpg

i am hand laying my track and wanted a nice hard surface to lay the track on i decided to add a upper layer of plywood supported by 2x2" so i could put water and the cranberry bogs in.
IMG_1545.jpg

plaster cloth defining the water and bogs
IMG_1551.jpg

coat of hydrocal on top of the plaster cloth then once dried painted with earth colored paint
IMG_1555.jpg

then the cork was layed for part of the main line and a siding that will be used for the Grill Car
IMG_1562.jpg

and this is where the turnout to feed the siding will be
IMG_1563.jpg

more to come in the next week.

tommarow i plan on sanding the cork flat and gluing on the ties then wendsday i will stat to lay the rail

sluggs

the layout is based on edaville railroad in south carver mass which is or was a cranberry plantition and tourist railroad using the old maine 2 footers

tommarow i plan on sanding the cork flat and gluing on the ties then wendsday i will stat to lay the rail

Years ago when Edaville was a reality, me and momma had a season pass and went there very often.... get tired of it? NEVER....Miss it? Oh Yes! Good luck on your project, I can't wait to see the progress
Sluggs