The Pennsy

ross31r

Right, now as my interurban`s "parent" is supposed to be the mighty PRR i would like to know just how far towards Maine or the California region did the PRR extend as these are the two possible locations i am looking at for basing my line in and i want to know before i start on any senic detailing exactly which of the two areas is more feasible that a PRR connection would have been made.

Anyone know???

ross31r

ta, bit of modellers liscence needed then - the PRR is going to build through Conneticut and Massachusets (SP??) all the way to Portsmouth (NH)

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
:D :D :D Well, once the New York Central assimulated the PRR, the combined company was then combined with the New York, New Haven and Hartford Railroad joined in 1969.

as shown here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Central

So - if you have decided on NH -- you can prove that the PRR and NYC, (Penn Central/Conrail did (and still do) run from NH to New York. :) :)

And the PRR would be the parent company along with the NYC :)

ross31r

oh im set well before the PRR/NYC merger (which BTW never happened in my history, just as UP doesnt exist except as a shortline in NH!), but ive assumed the PRR was able to take over the NYNH&H in an attempt to block Central Pacific out of New England and to form a route to meet the Canadian North Pacific coming down the New England coast on trackage rights

Pooh Bah
Ross: best of luck explaining it! My railroad is a merger of Southern, LNER and LMS to keep the GWR out of Scotland, as an alternative to nationalization.

ross31r

lol, i read up a lot on railroad history and both my lines have taken various "didnt happen" events and made them happen.

I also happen to really dislike UP so i made it die when the two roads met and the CP live instead. Hence no UP on my layout except as the Union Pacific Mining Company!