The Orlik DH98 Mosquito

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by David H, Jan 24, 2007.

1. Lukasz Fuczek

Lukasz Fuczek New Member

lasery są ok.;-))) I chyba każdy modelarz to potwierdzi. Nie inaczej jest z tym modelem. Segmenty powstały z prędkością nadświetlną;-))) Poniżej prezentuję gotowy kadłub. Oczywiście wręgi należało lekko przeszlifować, ale nie miałem większych problemów z pasowaniem części. W najbliższych dniach będzie przerwa w budowie, gdyż tak gdzie go sklejam nie będzie mnie do końca tygodnia. Model mam co rawda ze soba w domku ale mam inne obowiązki;-))) Dzisiejszy efekt widać na zdjęciach poniżej...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    spokojnej nocy życzę...
    Łukasz Fuczek

--
  2. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

Laser cut frames are ok and I think every modeler will agree with that. There is no difference with this model as well. Segments were completed at warp speed. Below is the completed fuselage. of course I had to sand the formers a bit, but there were no major problems with the fit. In the near future I will have to take a break from the build since I will be away for the rest of the week.
    I have the model with me but there are other duties. Today's progress on the photos. Good Night.
    Lukasz Fuczek

I took liberty and translated his post.
  3. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Wow, what a virtually seamless fuselage, Lukacz!:)
    I don't think I could ever get it to fit like that...:cry:

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing photos of your amazing work.

Cheers!
    Jim
  4. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Very good precision work! If I live thru another 738 years I'll never be able to build like that! Bravo!
  5. David H

David H Member

I know, I know where have I been? Hiding, a little, working a lot and stalled! Just too difficult to find quality model’n time and sort the problems.

In addition my faithful iBook died, Long live the MacBook!

But I have some leave, the gardening is done and its time to stick some card!

I promise will return to the Mosquito in a day or two and do it justice in my own humble way. But need to gear up to it.
  6. David H

David H Member

Do share your thoughts... I have wondered if I dare "vac-form " or heat form the office roof or try something a little more direct and knife based?

D
  7. David H

David H Member

I have been collecting different gauges of transparent material to compare properties. I have always steered clear of hot forming / vac forming, in Homer J's words (or close) "If a thing is difficult or hard give up".

I agree that in the case of the FB Mossie the canopy is a variant on the transparent box. Carefull cutting and precise (sssh!) measurement would be a better bet.

BTW my grandfather used blown pespex bubble canopies as closhes in his vegetable garden. I don't know which type of aircraft they came from, late model spitfires? early jets? But as kids my brother and I had great fun lying under them playing fighter pilots and astronauts!

Now that's recycling or even swords in to plough shares.

D
  8. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Man.......... did you keep any of them?................. probably not:oops: