The new (now official) GVR loco paint scheme

C

Catt

Ok here's the official new paint scheme for all new purchase's(new or used)from this date forward.(8-1-04)

gvrnew2.jpg

The blue/yellow and solid blue schemes will be very much in evidence for quite sometime since most are fresh repaints or new purchases.

I need to replace the couplers since the ones now mounted are MT 1016s.The 1015s that were on the loco fell apart when I tried to re-install them. :( I need to check and see if I can get them in brown.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Keeping some of the older paint scheme units around maintains a sense of history and realism, I think. Nice update on the new red. I like it. Do you run cabooses that will take on this scheme or are you in the EOT device era? As a PC fan you know I like it that you're keeping the noodle leter logo! :)
Ralph

C

Catt

GMC RAIL is the place where I had the GVR logo decals made.Gary does excellent work and is also used by Brakie and at least few others on the Gauge.

The road numbers are made by Virnex and are fetting hard to get.Virnex is owned or at least distributed by Tomar Industries.The nice thing about the Virnex decals is they have no decal film and can be used on just about any surface glossy or otherwise.

The sill stripes are from a Microscale N scale Conrail diesel set.I have 5 more of these C30-7s to do.I may have to find another source for these stripes.