The New Grande Valley Logo

C

Catt

Well after 21 years of using the same old company logo the GVR has finaly updated their locomotive and rolling stock logo.

Here's the old one,

oldlogo.jpg

and here's the new one.

newlogo.jpg

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
I think it takes the prototype between 25 and 30 years to eliminate an old paint scheme, during which time they introduce 2 major new paint schemes and fiddle with each of them about 5 times.

Are you planning a major redecorating job or just leave the old ones be?

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
I really like it Catt!:cool:
Very prototypical too, to have old & new schemes on the road at the same time. That will make one fine looking lash-up!
And then throw in some of your leased power, &...WOW!!
Gotta see some pix now!
Maybe a big traun of those hi-cubes snaking its way through your industrial area...?
C'mon, this is gettin' exciting now!

C

Catt

There actually are two paint schemes now.The yellow and blue one with either yellow or white lettering and a solid blue scheme with white lettering.The Marquette&Ohio(a subsiderary of the GVR) has a burgandy paint scheme with a very light grey stripe and yellow gold lettering.

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hey Catt, those decals look GREAT do you make your own, if so, what do you use. I need more for the BCLC.

C

Catt

Shamus,my decals were made by Jim Wilhite from the Valley Car Shops in Anderson,Indiana USA.Jim's email is jwilhite@netdirect.net .

Might I suggest you contact Alan Curtis because he's going to get some decals done by Jim and possibly you could save some postage costs in a combined order.

C

Catt

Rory,the GVR has always been a modern railroad.In other words every new year in the real world is a new year for the GVR.

By the way the Grande Valley is really 24 years old,but the logo is/was 21.:D

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Catt! The new logo is first rate, no question of that!

But I've always thought blue and yellow never were a great combination of colours. The blue is ok, it's the yellow footplate that bothers me. Perhaps an indigo blue with multiple, short vertical white markers might enhance it.

I'm just voicing my opinion which is no more valid than yours or anyone elses.

Anyway, who am I to talk :) , I don't even have a RR name for my pike, let alone a colour scheme and logo :( .

Errol

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Whoa Catt!
24 years old huh?
I beg to differ, my friend...the built date on this car says 3/54 :D
I just love this forum!

Attachments

• gvrbox.jpg
    gvrbox.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 82

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
No, coz that car's only about 6 or 8 years old in that picture! ;)
Catt just forgot that I took the liberty of back-dating his RR another 25, or 30 years! :p
I think that's what's refered to as "modelers' license".
If I don't shut up, you guys are probably going to revoke mine!:eek: :D :D

C

Catt

No guys the Grande Valley's actual age is 24.I've never even thought about a history before that.

Funny thing is there was a real Grand Valley RR. in Michigan ,but the NYC bought it before it ever ran a revenue mile.Not only that it was not anywhere near the Grand Valley but on the other side of the state.:D

I was just thinking about using 1/11/45 as the start up date for my GVR (also the day I was born :D )

I think what I need to do is aquire a couple of ATLAS GP9s or LifeLike GP20s and paint them in the first two paint schemes of the GVR (grey with black lettering and babyblue with black lettering).That way I can copy CSX who still has some of the origonal railroad's paint schemes running around.

(PS) That grey and black scheme is damn ugly :D

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Catt,
No geeps in '45...
You might want to letter a "mike", or a Pacific for the original GVR.
Hmmm...there might be a steamer down at the scrap yard that I could restore...

C

Catt

Charlie,I was refering to the 1978/79 time frame.There will be a restored and running Consul (thanks to Bachmann:D ) to cover the late 40s early 50s timeframe.(the GVR throws nuthin' away)

By the way there allready exist GVR Mikes and Moguls in the larger scales (1/32 and 0n30).