The Mission Valley& Pacific- I would like some feedback and advice.

yellowlynn

Jul 7, 2001
Whitehouse, Tx USA
Visit site
roads

I have used Sculptamold for several things, but it just doesn't seem to smooth out fot cement. It's not lumpy, but it's lumpy, and don't ask me to explain that. I am going to use drywall "mud" for roads. Actually, take some out of the container and mix a bit of coloring in it for cement color, then spread it on. Takes overnite to harden so there is plenty of time to "crown" it, or whatever you want to do.
I used Sculptamold on my mountain and it worked out real well. I generally color it with that 44 cent Hobby Lobby paint.

Lynn

MilesWestern

Sep 20, 2005
CA
protopaintwest.googlepages.com
Hey, same here! Scuptamold is great stuff. Where do you buy it and for how much?

I usually go to Aaron Bros. art supply store and buy it for just under $5. But what about anyone else, do you know where to buy and if I can get it cheaper?

MilesWestern

Sep 20, 2005
CA
protopaintwest.googlepages.com
my layout is back "on track" as it were, I completely re-organized the area around it and ALL of my train stuff over the last couple of days, YIKES!

I used sculptamold for the roads, I splashed a little water on it and added builders' sand and some paint to the road, and volia! I have a asphalt road. I have also started on my mountain, which I used a base layer of green florists foam, which I shaped, then added the sculptamold to the top layer, finally adding the tunnel portal and some roaks from Hwy1.