The M.A.T. goes mushroom

galt904

Jan 17, 2005
Beachville ON
Sally Creek is a combo of farmland, bushland, and part of a huge former provincial complex (Oxford Regional Centre). Have you visited the site Robin? The events pavilion at the south entrance is the former boiler house for the ORC. It still had the old rails in place before they renovated it, and just south of there the bridge piers are still in the river from a former rail line that used to run through the area. Woodstock is also a good location for railfanning (if you are interested) with both CN & CP running close to each other. Good area, I heartily recommend it. :) Plus we will soon have the world's newest Toyota plant, official announcement came down this morning. :)

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Yup Don, were ever we may end up I will always have use of a basement.
Thanks for all the info Chad. With a Toyota plant coming that will be a bonus for the community.

Matthyro

Dec 28, 2000
Thanks Tyson my friend. It is still a long way off thank goodness so I don't have to rush any packing. I hate to tell you how many moves we have made mostly company paid moves so they weren't all too bad. Now let's see 11 in total and I think I may still be sane.

Matthyro

Dec 28, 2000
Well after going to Woodstock and finding that it will be at least 5 years before the place looks like anything and finding out that they just hope to be able to provide progressive health care and with shortages of family doctors, we had to take a long look at what we were facing and decided it will be easier to continue living in this big house. I have also had time to reflect on the direction the MAT will take so look for progress under a new post which I will make later.
Thanks for all the advice and help you have all provided.

Clerk

Nov 6, 2002
Esparto, California
Visit site
I know what moving is. When I was a Telegrapher on the Extra Board for the SP, I worked vacations, somebody off sick and anything else I could work in. I came home about everyn 2 or 3 Weeks, dropped off dirty clothes and picked up clean one. This went on for about a year and I figured the Hxxx with it. We bought a 24 foot camper trailer and the wife and I and 3 children traveled all over northern California and Southern Oregon. For a while the kids got a big kick out of camping out but soon got sick of it. After 2 years I got enough seniority and bid in a job and finally got a house and settled down.
I never want to go through that again.

tillsbury

Jul 18, 2004
NZ
Many good wishes, Robin, on your move. It freaks me out thinking you're going to have to rip up this layout... on the other hand, we've seen you making enough changes that the next one will likely be even better, if that's possible. I'm much more sedentary -- I only got started on a layout now I know I'm in my last house... the previous owner moved here in 1936, and we probably won't outdo him but let's hope for at least another 40 years if not 50... With luck our two-year-old will stick it out longer and might finish some of the scenery :)

I last moved three years ago -- a two-storey five-bedroom house full of stuff, plus two 40' containers full to the gunwhales shipped from the UK. There's no way I'm doing that again, ever!!!

Charles

Will_annand

Jan 12, 2004
Huntsville, Ontario
www.muskokacomputes.com
Robin, does that mean the MAT will be progressing along for another 5 years? :D

On one hand I am sorry to hear you will not be moving into the luxury complex, on the other hand it says you tearing down an amazing layout. :cool:

You bet I will be looking forward to progress reports on the MAT.
Good luck my friend.

galt904

Jan 17, 2005
Beachville ON
Well, I for one am disappointed that I won't have an expert modeler nearby to tutor me. :)

On the other hand, I'm glad to hear you can keep your layout intact. Best of luck in the future. :)

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
spitfire said:
Well, I for one am selfishly happy that you're going to be sticking around!! I hope to make many more visits to the MATT!! :)

Val
Boy, how lucky can you get, I'm really jelous now Val.;) I was hoping Robin would get tired of the snow and move to Arizona. Lots of room down this way,:wave::wave::wave::wave: