The M.A.T. goes mushroom

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Originally posted by interurben
We must have a GAUGE visit sometime in the future:D :thumb:

Oh, to be living in S. Ontario again... I never thought I would be pinin' for the 'Golden Horseshoe"... ;)

Well, we can all look forward to the BBQ...

Andrew

Sir_Prize

Imagine if they were the old 89' passengers or intermodal flats.
That!... would be long.
:eek:

Looking great, Dude!
:thumb: :thumb:

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
I am now in the process of laying cork roadbed in the BIG BEND area. This is halfway between levels

Attachments

• m38.jpg
    m38.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 426
Wow!!!!!!

Geeee Robin, that is EXTENSIVE!!!!!
Beautifully thought out AND built. I've seen the theory of the multilevel bases but that is most admirable. You still got all your fingers? :D

If you dim incandescent lamps too much they give off infra red, photography colour correction might become a problem and the LPB's are likely to get heatstroke! (not that they do much other than languish in comfort :D )

Altogether a mighty bit of stuctural engineering my friend. Very well done.

Errol

Matthyro

Track Plan

Thanks Errol. I haven't progressed much but many of you have asked for my track plan.
I drew it up on paper so don't know how well you can see it. Maybe I will try one of those cad programs next. In any case the room limits are outlined in red. The squares are 12"
I show the lower level at the top and the upper level at the bottom

Attachments

• m1.jpg
    m1.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 357

Matthyro

Tsawwati

The logging area is begining to take shape. The roadbed is in place now tracklaying can begin. Most of the track here will be Nn3 narrow gauge. I am using z scale track for this.
This first photo shows the community of Tsawwati

Attachments

• DSCF0046.JPG
    DSCF0046.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 229

Matthyro

Hanatsa

The next photo shows the community of Hanatsa. The logging company that will operate here is known as the Tangle Creek Logging Co.

Attachments

• DSCF0047.JPG
    DSCF0047.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 233

Matthyro

Thanks folks, am struggling to get the dual gauge section done and will post more as I go.

sschaer

matthyro....

just found this thread and read all the pages. amazing work ! keep the pics coming. this sure gives me some ideas for my (hopefully) soon to come larger layout.

spitfire

Great Robin!!!! Looking forward to seeing the logging area develop!! Are those names based on real places or are they your own creation?

Val

Matthyro

Val, the names are real and are located in the Cascade range of mountains in BC where some logging goes on.

Matthyro

Dual gauge

Well here it is. Narrow gauge meets standard gauge. I have just realized I missed adding a section of guard rail so will have to do that.
The narrow gauge track is Peco Z scale.

Attachments

• dual.JPG
    dual.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 225

Will_annand

Very interesting, I was debating on doing this at two crossings on the CVR. Both the H&NW and TG&B were narrow gauge, while the CVR was a standard gauge RR.

I wonder how hard it would be to hand lay a dual gauge crossover?

Pooh Bah
Will: A crossover or a crossing? Narrow crosses standard or both cross both?
or three rails all the way through a scissors crossover? :thumb: :eek:
Easiest to make the narrow gauge all dummy and just bring it up to the standard and lay dummy narrow gauge diamond -- don't even cut the standard.