The M.A.T. goes mushroom

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
OK so we lived there from 1965 to 1968. I was the store manager of the local Kresge store. The first year we lived on Brown street then moved to South Norah street. A relative of my wife was a CP engineer who did runs from Fort William to Dryden. His name was Joe Pyefinch

I drove (well, Dad did) through Port Arthur and Fort William as a very young lad. Then i rode through Thunder Bay on a VIA train and saw it from the observation car. Drove through a few times myself too.

But I still think of it as 'The LakeHead' where sea meets rail and much of Canada's shipping passes through that port. Railfan Paradise!

Matthyro

Dec 28, 2000
Got some cork roadbed down on the north side of the upper level. Did a bit of scenery too.
Here are the three grain elevators at Harris

Attachments

• m18.jpg
    m18.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 400

Matthyro

Dec 28, 2000
At the other end is the town of Drummond with two industries. Youngs Machinery and Templar Tombstones.
This is prairie country as the background shows

Attachments

• m19.jpg
    m19.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 422

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Too cool Robin! I love those grain elevators. Way back in '64 my family took a car trip across Canada and I still remember the sunlit grain elevators standing tall against those huge skies. As I recall there was Pool and Pioneer. One had a green colour scheme and the other was red.

Val

Matthyro

Dec 28, 2000
I was going to wait until I got track laid on the upper mushroom but as Owen requested a few here are some.
The first is a couple of industries at Cardwell.

Attachments

• m25.jpg
    m25.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 409

Matthyro

Dec 28, 2000
Next shows where I am at with the canyon.
The skyboard is up and painted. Foam subroadbed is almost finished and started laying cork roadbed

Attachments

• m24.jpg
    m24.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 395

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
Robin, like everything you do, this is fantastic! :thumb: :cool: Another amazing thing is the speed at which you get things done.
You on drugs? :D :D :D If you are will you share? :D :D :D Kidding aside you and Paul (Shamus) have always impressed me with the speed you get things done while not sacrificing quality.