The Lunar Module - 5 (LM-5): "Eagle" has landed! (Scale 1:48)

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by Space Boy, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Space Boy

Space Boy Member

announce1Here is the Lunar Module - 5: "Eagle"! I spent a year on it! To me it's not so bad... I hope you - dear space modelers - like my work!:rolleyes: Waiting for your comments... 1:48 scale original parts of this model is from U-DON's but the whole other details just like Landing Radar & Front Elevation of Landing Radar Baffle & others are scratchbuild.

Attached Files:

2. WeeVikes

WeeVikes Member

That is stunning... It makes my attempt at the model look like a pile of junk, and mine came out pretty decent.

A masterpiece, Space Boy! My congrats!

Mike
  3. Space Boy

Space Boy Member

Rest of the photos...

announce1More photos. Feel free to ask any questions about the model.

Attached Files:

4. Space Boy

Space Boy Member

Thank you very much indeed, WeeVikes! I believe that your works are all OK, please share with us!!!:thumb:
  5. wedge

wedge Member

This is really amazing work Spaceboy :p Great respect !! Are you planning to build some kind of diorama ?(but LM 5 is without the LRV :p ) I hope that my LM in 1:24 will be nice , but I know that this LM will be always better :mrgreen:
  6. Space Boy

Space Boy Member

Thanks a lot Wedge, I'm glad to read those lines! (Yeah I know LM-5 was not equipped with a LRV:oops: But I want to build it for my future plans:twisted:) By the way, as you say :agree1:my friend I plan to prepare a diorama for that model & I like your Apollo 15 diorama very much; great job!:wink: I wonder what kinda materials did you use for your moon surface? Could you please share with me! It seems totally different from a mixture that includes newspaper, boiled water & white glue.:confused:
    Thanks again!
  7. SAustin16

SAustin16 Member

That is outstanding modeling. If it were on a diorama, it would be very difficult to distinguish from the actual spacecraft.
  8. Space Boy

Space Boy Member

Thank you so much! I'm planning to prepare a diorama but the main problem is how I can find two 1:48 scale plastic astronaut figures!:confused: If I found that figures, I would start to build diorama immediately! Now I'm standing by... Thanks for your kind comment again!:)
  9. Retired_for_now

Retired_for_now New Guy

Absolutely stunning work!

Yogi
  10. ovation

ovation Member

If you want figures to a scale thats unusual,try modeling clay and make your own,
    A mate of mine makes very large funfair models and makes figures as he can't find the correct scale ones in the shops,

JJ..:thumb:
  11. Space Boy

Space Boy Member

Card Models are enough to consume all of my energy; I'm not sure about your idea - by the way your idea is really creative:thumb: - because I've never worked on clay, I do not have any experience about it... But as you know; failure is not an option!:p If I have no choice, I will try that. Thanks, much appreciated.
  12. Commander Adama

Commander Adama Member

Eagle

You are the man, Wow!!!!!!!!!!!

Adama
  13. gpw

gpw Member

Fantastic work Spaceboy. I like your scratchbuild additions.:thumb::thumb::thumb:
    Now you should proceed with a Lunar Rover.;-)

Gerd
  14. Space Boy

Space Boy Member

Thank you so much!!!:oops: Yeah you're right, but before proceeding with a LRV, I am going to build a Command & Service Modules 1:48 scale. Nowadays, I'm thinking about "APOLLO 11 Landing Site Diorama" for the LM-5 & also I've added some more details on "EAGLE", I will share new photos as soon as possible, most probably in coming December, before
    X-MAS; hopefully. By the way; if you have an idea about how I can find 1:48 scale astronauts, you can share with me:confused:!
  15. Space Boy

Space Boy Member

Aye ey Captain!:thumb: Thanks a lot! (Commander Adama is my one of the most favorite character in Battlestar Galactica.:mrgreen:)
  16. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

'The Eagle' LM-5 Lunar Module, in 1:48 Scale

Absolutely incredible detail work, Space Boy!

You must be very proud of this fine model!

This is just the gold and black aluminium foil combination I had in mind for my U-Don 1:32 scale LM, which is dragging hopelessly behind, in favor of other recent pastime activities. You have also got the slightly yellow-greenish metal panels exactly right, especially on the back of the LM - it looks just like the real thing!

All the best,
    Bengt F, Stockholm :thumb:
  17. Space Boy

Space Boy Member

Thank you so much really, you make me feel ashamed:oops:! Before & during the building process, I've watched lots of NASA Footage & looked numberless LM-5 images to make that model looks more realistic & decorative than a simple cardstock one. Thanks a lot again for your kind comment.:wave:
  18. jgderuvo

jgderuvo Member

Wow. Amazing.
  19. ekuth

ekuth Guest

In case you hadn't already noticed, I chose this for a Picture of the Week showcase spot on the front page!

Great work! :thumb:
  20. Space Boy

Space Boy Member

Thank You Very Much!

I've just visited the website; I've had not enough time to look at it for a few days. I'M GLAD TO HEAR THAT; THANKS A LOT!!! You make me eager to build the APOLLO 11 landing site diorama... Thank You So Much!:roll: You make me blush!:oops: