The layout I made from The Box

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Huh Val,You do know the wee scale can become a very good habit to take up? :D Look at me I haven't fool with my HO in weeks and missed 3 club meetings so far..:eek: Who knows I may get rid of all of my Horribly Oversize stuff...:eek: :rolleyes: :D :D

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Thank you for your most generous comments guys, but it's still early days for this layout. Now that good weather is here it won't progress anything like as fast.
I'm chuckling here Brakie, because I knew you were into HO yet you asked in another thread about turnout degrees and eventually mentioned it was N you wanted to know about. N kinda get's to you huh? ... :) :D
Maybe we have our esteeemed Barroness Spitfire wondering if she stepped into HO just a mite to hastily .... :rolleyes: :D (are we wicked or are we wicked?? ;) )

Errol

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Well, good to see you agauin, old friend!
I see you've been busy! The layout is looking fantastic!:cool:

I now what brakie means about that N scale being habit forming ...:D I started tinkering with it a couple of years ago, & I haven't touched an HO model in quite a while! Of course, it helped to run into all these great N scalers on this forum!:)

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
Marvelous,,,,,,,, what a trip to Welsh Wales:p will do to streach ones mind:D
Dam you are good at this:D Hope to see a Gas station sprout up some where Errol. Wish I could hear the sound effects.
Why dont you write down the procedure for us Errol for your sound board, When you have the time of course, dont want to stop progress now:p
Great stuff Friend.

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
5 months later

Gee, I sure feel guilty at not having done anything since May to this layout.
BUT ..... during the last month, thanks to Val's (aka Spitfire) suggestion of how to fill the Eastern End of this pike, I got motivated and bashed in a general arrangement. (only the street is permanent).
I dug out some DPM kits and forced myself to assemble them (I hate painting these things :rolleyes: ). Together with several "Viessmann" fancy street lights I grabbed the bull by the tail and looked the situation in the face :) :D :D .
Heres the result.....

Errol

Attachments

• pa210003-r.jpg
    pa210003-r.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 239

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Still so much needs done!

Here's two views of what is developing over here.
I'll probably replace plastic with,or add scratchbuilt timber buildings as I just adore such structures.
Heaps of trees yet to be made, crowds of LPB's yet to be painted to popuate the place. Pathways and bits and bobs to be scattered around to give it all atmosphere. Store names to be thought up and a lot of lighting wiring yet to be done. Heck, why did I ever start on all this? :) :) .

Val, the slope with shops etc was going to be too difficult for me so I settled on a reasonably level township. By the way, what would YOU sell in one of my stores (one is scheduled to be yours).

Yes Chris (aka Interurban), Tysons Automotive gas station has a prominent corner all to itself but don't tell him (yet :D ).

Eventually, this subdivision of Burlington Northern will need a name and I was thinking of something like "Elk Flats" but time will resolve this minor detail.

Now that the dark evenings are here I might just plod on relentlessly with this layout.

Errol

Attachments

• eastend-oct03.jpg
    eastend-oct03.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 234