The General 440

RichBohlman

Railroad Card Modaler
I am not aware of one BUT maybe someone else has come crossed one on the internet. Yes, It would be a GREAT model!!

the mole

I have the one that PMI had but they no longer have it. The last time I talked to PMI he said that model was out of print. I think this engine is a work of art. It would be nice to see some of the differnt paint marking used on them.

thewoodengraver

Do a google search for "Ray Morris Locomotives", I believe he has a 440 on one of the CD's he is selling.
I found this link...www.cardmodelers.org/Loco's/card_models.htm

-Jim G

William Crooks

thewoodengraver said:
Do a google search for "Ray Morris Locomotives", I believe he has a 440 on one of the CD's he is selling.

Phil!
The Mole didn't specify the scale he was looking for... And you have recently posted pics of your William Crooks 440... wouldn't that be a substitute for The General? And at that scale who could tell the difference?

300px-OP-12073.jpg

-Jim G

William Crooks

thewoodengraver said:

Phil!
The Mole didn't specify the scale he was looking for... And you have recently posted pics of your William Crooks 440... couldn't that be a substitute for The General? And at that scale who could tell the difference without a magnifier? :)

300px-OP-12073.jpg

thewoodengraver

well...don't I feel silly...of course!
Try Micromodels set f2 part 1 the 1861 William Crooks wood burning Locomotive...I suggested the General because the model has a nice paint job. The Crooks loco that I built a while back was a repaint I did (not the tiny one). The origional model is all dark green-almost black. I repainted it to show the reds , greens and golds Heighway somehow neglected. Ray Morris did a fine job with his general. Take your pick...