The Gauge Stats

jon-monon

In light of recent off topic posts on The Gauge, I was thinking (sometimes that just happens, I can't help it...), just what is the most popular topic on The gauge? Can't really poll that, so I decided to just have a look and post what I find:

Under General, the most talked about item is sex? No. Religeon? No. Politics? NO! It's Rock Island Model Rosters by rockislandmike with a whopping 415 posts! Rock on RockIMike! This shadows the 1st runner up, The Box by bilk, which has 247 posts to it. But The Box gets the 1st place trophy for hte most viewed in General, with 4392 views! Makes my eyeballs ache:eek:

In Tech QAto DCC or not to DCC - that is the question by bobrien with 53 replies, is second only to Has to be a Helix by Pitchwife with 55 replies to it. Everytime I see that name I think it says something else. Most viewed is Benchwork question by Soonerfan with 719 views.

In Photography, A face behind the name by Matt Probst takes the cake with 153 replies. I guess it's like driving by an accident and you just have to look, because it's also the most viewed at 3846, almost doubling the looks at the most replied to runner up: Canyon Mt. N-gineers Photos (I hope) by upguy with 101 replies and 1945 views. That's a lota lookin upguy!

In Scratch and Bash, Catt's Sticky: Tips-n-Tricks wins it all with 44 replies and 1542 views. Funny the second most viewed is his How about a tips-n-tricks thread. Second most replied goes to Bill Stone's Cast resin parts at 39.

N Scale guys wanna talk about Copper Ridge Railway under construction by roryglasgow (194 times) or Here Are Pictures Of My Layout by RAY METIVIER (101 times, and those are some nice pictures). These are 1st and 2nd most viewed too, respectively.

In HO land, we talk mostly about N scale. Yep, it's Picking On The Little Guys by RI541 with 152 replies and that's also the most read at 2014. C'mon guys, even Richard Pryor said, "It ain't the size of the man, it's the motion of the ocean" so what's the big deal? So what if their little plastic people are half as tall as ours? Which leads to 2nd most replied and read, Shamus's, in true Hoosier fashion, post reagrding Rusty Stumps's Walt's Stumps at 47/844. Boy, that was a mouthfull (no flaming/comments from the peanut gallery).

The GOS gang is into, we shoulda known, not Catt's, but Sumpter's The On30 conspiracy 55/654, both posts and views. We shoulda known. And 2nd place goes toMy First Trestle... by Lighthorseman 17/248, again for both posting to it and viewing it.

It's hard to beat a love song, so Breaking up is hard to do... by roryglasgow wins both posts 52, and views 679, in the track planners forum. Second most read goes to Dumb Idea #461 by billk at 585. Sorry Catt, at least he didn't use the "S" word. 2nd most posted to goes to Gary's recent and ongoing Thoughts behind the planning of the JGL at 34/486, it could be at the top of the charts soon. Good reading too.

I'll let someone else go into the rest of them if they like. So,the granddaddys of them all are:

For most replies: Rock Island Model Rosters by rockislandmike Congrats Mike, you get the worn out keyboard trophy!

And for most reads: The Box And congrats to Bill, you get the bug eye award :eek:

And the smokin' hot finger award goes to Shamus, for the most posts at 2126. The second most tickled keys are Tysons at 1890. Charlie and Woodie are the only others over 1000 but Vic and roryglassgow will be there soon enough!

Hope you enjoy this, and no clickin on the links or you'll mess up the stats and I'll have to do it all over again! :D :D :D

jon-monon

LOL! ME? Who got 2nd place smokin' keyboard??? Took me an hour, between doin' other stuff, but I just had to know!:D :D :D

rockislandmike

Hhhmmm . . . . if I averaged 3.93 posts per day from now until the 31st, I too could hit 1000 before the end of the year.

Well, only another 2.93 posts today !!! :D

jon-monon

You mean I should do projections on all 772 members???:eek: :eek: :eek: Dag, 772, now that's another number I'll have to constanly update :D :D :D Yep, Mike, you'll sonn be a member of the exclusive 1000+ club!

David, you're probably right. Gut feeling is more slobber was blown all over the keyboard, more milk (or other beverage of choice) was blow outa noses, and more divorces, unemployment, demerits and demotions occured reading The Box than all other threads combined.

I think we all need to clip in and get JON a new shrink he needs some new meds the man has way to much time on his hands very funny but the man needs some help:D :D :D :D :D :D rich

davidstrains

Originally posted by rich maiorano
I think we all need to clip in and get JON a new shrink he needs some new meds .......very funny but the man needs some help:D :D :D :D :D :D rich

I found a Gauge Industries "box" on one of my flat cars that we could use to send them:D :D :D :D

He is a laugh a minute though. The meds might mess him up more!!!

Clerk

Hey. Quite nocking Jon. If he has all that time on his hands maybe we can put them to work for the Gauges benifit.. Any ideas?:confused: :confused:

Vic

Uhhh Jon, There is a vacant room here at The Institute. I'm sure that if I spoke to Dr. Feelawright and Nurse Meanie I could get you in. The meds are free and we're getting a Thomas The Tank Engine Set for Christmas:D :D :D

Uh Oh!!!....Here comes Nurse Meanie and Nurse Needmore Needles....Yes 'Mam I was on the computer...No 'Mam...I was e-mailing Santa!!! NOOOO 'MAM!....I never log in to that Gauge site!!!:D :D :D

jon-monon

Vic - Hey, they have free meds, trains, and internet?!?! :D :D :D Isn't that what we all want?

Dick - Thanks. Hey all-a-you-all headim, quit pickin on the crazy! BTW: I am already werkin fer ya! Look down at my siggy. I'm the accy, uh accu, uh accou, erm, bean counter! :D :D :D

I don't need no stinkin meds tonight, I just got my caputer back together with a 128 bit sound blaster, a new subwoofy and a 2nd set of speakers, woohoo boy pinkies jammin now. And I got a c64 emulator running since I have a functional joystick port :D :D :D