The gauge railway PT 2!!!!

What camera's have you had or still have.

• Digital

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 35mm

• 2-1/4 square format

• all of the above.

• No camera yet

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mar 25, 2002
Irún, Guipúzcoa - SPAIN
Visit site
Here is a quick&dirty repaint of an Kadee ex-Central of Georgia (just for fun). :eek: :eek:

I tried to repaint the big oval with The Gauge logo, but here is 1AM and I'm a bit tired... :eek:

(And now, c'mon, kill me! :rolleyes: )

Attachments

• boxcar.jpg
    boxcar.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 107

RI541

Feb 20, 2002
Winchester N.H.
Visit site
How a bout sky blue pink?? The color for all occasions??

Just kidding.

I could go with a medium blue like the Boston&Maine or the Bangoor&Aroostook, but the light blue is out of the question. The-Gauge background is more of a medium than a light blue any ways.

I just don't want to be running this car on the rails and have someone think thats its the RI's bankruptcy blue. I do have a box of the RI in blue and wouldn't mind at all to bash one.

I don't know if a poll would help, can we have have a poll on weather we want to make it one color scheme or a freelanced model of what ever we want?? Then if the freelanced wins the people who voted on one color scheme can do it in the blue they want. Or do we have a poll on what color for which era???

I didn't mean to open up a big can of worms on you Mikey. :( :(

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Well, I had to do it sometime, so here's my version.

warehouse.jpg

Shamus

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
That looks really good Shamus. If you made a print of the logo and stuck it on the car does that make it a true "Billboard Reefer"? :D

PS, I'm always drooling over your structures!:eek:

Oh by the way y'all, The Gauge blue is close as can be to "Wedgewood Blue" and is in fact quite pleasant.

Errol

tomfassett

Oct 15, 2002
Chandler, AZ
www.trainweb.org
I'm usually into mostly modern stuff but when I saw Steve and Errol's boxcars I had to go with something a bit aged... Mine is a rusty old steel sided affair, hauled behind the old South Fork 3200 "Whatsit," being brought out of the desert near Eagle Mountain (or what I call the big lump on my layout that may never get finished...):p

Tom

Attachments

• glc_box_695.jpg
    glc_box_695.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 77

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Originally posted by kettlestack
Thank you Charlie, but what you didn't know is ........
Gauge Leasing Co came into being in 1860 and as I got my hands on 500 gallons of boxcar tuscan paint (really really cheap) my freight cars are gonna be Tuscan ... :) :)

Now if someone was to offer me a medium blue paint (Cheap of course) I could get my maintenance crews to paint either the ends or the doors of the cars that noctious blue ..:) :) Shuddering at the thought of that RI colour !!!:D :D

Errol

Ditto Errol!!!!:D :D Spoken like a true Robber Barron! I got my 55 gallon drums of Tuscan Red paint when the Pennsylvania Railroad had a rummage sale:D :D :D :D

McFortner

Sep 9, 2002
Stockbridge, GA
Visit site
Originally posted by cidchase
Anyway, it's your railroad, like they say...

Exactly. Do it however you want as far as color and font goes. I guess I was a little too anal when it came to the looks of the cars. I guess we could do general guidelines, but what the hey, it is not like the Railroad Police are gonna come and kick your door down and haul you away if you do it however you want. Of course, they will come and kick the door down if you do any of the NSR's cars.... ;) :D :p

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.