The-Gauge is 3 years Old!!

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Yes,Happy Birthday to the Gauge, I joined on the 18th December 2000. One of the first.

Makes me feel old.
Shamus

Oct 14, 2003
Lisboa, Portugal
Happy Birthday to The -Gauge.

I'm one of the newest but hope to stay here for long and long years!!!

The same ones I desire to The-Gauge(and to al The-Gaugers, of course...)

Lighthorseman

Jul 24, 2002
Out in the sticks
Visit site
Originally posted by spitfire
3 cheers for The Gauge, the hardworking folks who make it possible, and all the excellent modellers and members who make this the best stop on the web! Congratulations to one and all!!!!!!!!

:thumb: Val

Ditto! Many, many thanks to those behind the scenes who make this the greatest forum out in cyberspace! And, of course, to our fellow Gaugers...non of whom carry flamethrowers. :)

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
I never met a three-year-old with soooo much maturity before! And I surely hope it will live long and prosper for many years to come... :D :D :D

Since I joined a year ago I learned a lot about model railroading, prototype railroading, and, yes, about sharing joyful and also mournful hours between friends.

Val, you said it - you hit the nail right on the head. Thank you all, guys and gals, for all your contributions at The Gauge!

Ron

PS: Shamus, you're feeling OLD??? :eek: With the speed you are building up layouts, one after the other, it's us others who should be feeling old! ;) :D :thumb:

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
wow! Three years old and potty trained.:D Impressive the way people here conduct themselves; something that the potty-mouths on some other forums need to learn.:thumb: :thumb:

Does anyone know what they were doing they day this forum was born? I do, we were packing up our business getting ready to R-E-T-I-R-E. It took me another two years to figure out what I wanted to do with that extra time I had, that's how I landed here; and to be frank with you, I don't think I'd have stayed in the hobby if if wasn't for the people that make this forum so enjoyable.:wave: :wave:

Congratulations to the forum and all that support we get from it, and especially the people it attracts..

Don

pomperaugrr

May 21, 2003
Connecticut
Visit site
This is a great forum. I don't post much, but I'm here every day!
I get a tremendous amount of knowledge and inspiration from the members here.

I would also like to take this time to thank the moderators and the all of the members for making this forum such a civil and friendly place to share information. :thumb:

Eric

Peirce

Dec 28, 2000
Southbury, CT, USA
www.geocities.com
Congratulations, first, go to the founders of The Gauge and a hearty "thank-you" for all the hard work getting it started and keedping it going. Next, congratulations and thanks, to all those in the roles of moderators and administrators. who keep us on the smooth track and not let us get lost on some obscure spur. Finally, I believe we should congratulate ourselves for being a part of this success.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
I would list all the things I have learned from the folks here at the gauge, since I first fell in with this good company. The list, however, would be too long. So...I will simply thank you all for being freinds, and family. For sharing your thoughts, feelings, skills, knowledge, and humor. For being child enough to enjoy this hobby, and adult enough to keep this forum a great place to be.
To those who are responsible for the gauge existing in the first place, I really can't add to what Val has stated. I am proud to know this three year old! Happy birthday gauge.
Pete

TinGoat

Ignorant know it all
I'd like to

Echo what others have already said.

This forum runs like a fine railroad timepiece, thanks to all the members, moderators and founders. (The Gauge Pocket Watch is on my Xmas Wish List..)

A special thank-you to Lighthorseman (Steve) for introducing me to The Gauge in the first place... It's what On30Trains.com could have become... (*Sigh*) :( (In memory of Rich Sr.)