The Future of Vertical Lift: Bell V-280 Valor

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Here is something that I thought that some of you aircraft buffs would be interested in: http://bellv280.com/
Here is the promotional video; [YOUTUBE]?v=1O3Onyas984[/YOUTUBE]

I think that this would make for a GREAT model (if anyone is interested in making something like this).

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, I saw that. What a bunch of "Hooey". The downdraft from the props would make those doors so impracticable. Also, with the new rotor technologies, i.e. slowing the rotor to go faster, and the pusher prop configurations shows in the Sikorsky coaxial X2, this thing will never be made. It's also really wide. The acting didn't help either. Great for video gaming though. The Sikorsky versions aren't virtual either, the X-2 has set world records and the proposed heavy lift version will be something to behold.:)

X2_JHL.gif

sikorsky-x2-4.jpg
ca12bbb0-e956-48cb-bfe0-879292ab65ac.Full.png

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Moller is a scam artist and has been investigated many times and has had to return money or face jail, he is a detriment to the world of aviation.

The Carter Copter principle proved if you slowed down the speed of the rotors you could substantially increase their top speed. The blade tips would never reach supersonic and all the inherent problems that comes with that (loss of lift, stalling blades, etc.. The future of helicopters is high speed coaxial copter, these things can be scaled up bigger than CH53 Sikorsky helicopters, and the technology is simpler and proven. They also aren't so darn wide.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Those actors seemed pretty confident, I guess you can be when you know it's a.CG., fake and even the bullets are virtual. I though they were going to stop at a Dunkin Donuts on the way back! :)