The future MV&P- Needs some help!

CCT70

ocalicreek said:
Okay...this may not be all that helpful...but maybe someone out there can chime in and complete the details of this thought.

I'm thinking of a plan/layout from MR a few years back built by a club in Central or coastal California somewhere. The layout was built as a test bed for their signaling system, construction techniques, dispatching, track-laying, etc. It was freestanding, included a small yard, a twice-around plan, I think a turntable, and was sectional in construction in case of a move, I think. I really think it may appeal to you if you saw it. Can anybody out there help remember?

I'll go search the MRMI and see what I can find.

Galen

I can help you remember. I own that model railroad. :wave:

Now, what can I help you with? :thumb:

CCT70

ocalicreek said:
Or, strike a balance with a "loop and a wye to staging" setup with a hidden return. This gives you the look of a point-to-point, really, from staging to staging traveling over your road, but with a hidden cutoff to allow loop running. I'm working on a similar idea now for my space...when I get it scanned in I'll share a link.

Still haven't found that CA layout yet...still trolling old issues.

Galen

September 1997 Model Railroader. California North Eastern. Unfortunately, it's crated up in my garage right now, since I don't have the room in there with all of my office equipment stored in there to re-assemble it, and my little 1 car garage is miserable in the summer anyway and the spiders are ferocious. I plan to re-assemble it in my living room when I move.

I can however scan the article for anyone interested, and can dig up some photos tonight after my step daughters 21st B-Day party if you'd like.

The layout was built by Sonoma County Model Railroad Society and was offered for sale in the Bull Session section of the same issue. Since I had the space and the money but no time to build a layout back then (I worked for Amtrak and it's always a combination of one of the three that keeps a great layout from being built), I called and was made an offer I absolutely could NOT refuse, so I bought it.

Gee...it really is a small world after all. How cool! Well, that you own it. Really stinks that it's all crated up. Somehow I missed the bull session section of that issue.

Galen