the frist carnival ride at the fair (n scale )

scoobyloven

Jan 13, 2002
zeeland michigan
Visit site
well guys here is my scratch built carnival ride it is the ring of fire or other known as the fire ball it is going to be 100 % scratch built as to most of the other ride that are going in this one is about 30% done. as it is done for n scale any one who dose n scale knows that if they want a carnival it is slim pickings on rides so i am building all of the ones i want from the manauls and specs from the companys but that is harder then i thought when i started this they only give you what they want. so if any one has plans on some rides any ride in ho sacle i would love to get a copy if you can scan it i'll post up date photos on this as it comes together here's is the real ride and then my model "the side view" is 70 scale feet high 70 feet wide and it sits on a 48 foot trailer under the the loop.

Attachments

• ring of fire 1.jpg
    ring of fire 1.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 365

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
That's real neat Scoob! The pic by the computer monitor gives a good idea of the size. Looking forward to seeing it completed and sitting in a carnival scene!
Ralph

belg

Apr 28, 2001
New Jersey USA
Visit site
scooby I think the concept is great,my only comment would be that in the prototype picture the ride is perfectly round ,couldn't you use something like a paper towel cylinder or something that's the right diameter to make the round part.I hope that you don't take my suggestion for anything else then that.

scoobyloven

Jan 13, 2002
zeeland michigan
Visit site
i know the loop in the photo it is not fully round but that is just a mock up my brother made me the loop out of lexzan and i just got it this morning and here is a couple of shots i took of it this morning the walk way is in and the mock up of the train is in place with the roof bars are in place my brother is making me the train out of laxzen also only big bash i am doing is it is going to be i car shorter then the real thing here is a spec i have on it that will show the gable gides in place

Attachments

• ring of fire spec.jpg
    ring of fire spec.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 274

belg

Apr 28, 2001
New Jersey USA
Visit site
Scoob now that looks much better I must not have seen where you said it was a mock up.Now though is your brother making this ride and your taking the bows Hahaha. It looks really great the product that you mentioned "laxzen" I'm not familiar with that is it like lexan plastic and does it come in shapes or do you have to cut and fuse it to make a circle?:cool: :D

scoobyloven

Jan 13, 2002
zeeland michigan
Visit site
the lexzen comes in sheets it is used for bullit proof glass my brother took a scrap sheet and cut out the two parts of the loop and the train and i glued them together the reasion i used it was i could get the side walls and it can handle alot of stress under a moving train when i work out how this will be a moving ride i have the room for lighting and with the lexzan my brother thought it would be a good idea to try it out on this to see how it would come out and as i sit here and put this together and get it ready to paint i can't wait to see it finshed