The Friendliest House in Griswold

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
The Friendliest House in Griswold just happens to be on the wrong side of the tracks. The sign says "WICKED WANDA'S"
There is a Bar Mills ad in the December MR showing an HO kit for this structure. It is based on the original by Pete Willstein.
My N gauge version is loosely based on the picture in the ad.
Don't ask me what the LPBs do when they come to visit.
The start is shown here.

Attachments

• ww1.jpg
    ww1.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 396

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Robin, I dug out that December issue - and this little structure really looks very interesting.

I already see from all those stairs and balconies, that you'll amaze us with another masterpiece of intricate c-boardwork. :thumb:

And when you're finished with that model, your LPBs finally have a cozy little place where to spend their hard earned money! :D :D :D

Ron

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
Lookin good Robin. I've been sharing some of the modeling here on the gauge with my buddy at the local hobby shop. We have been talking about the lack of real modelers in the hobby now days. I looked at some of the dates on some of your recent posts. You started the CP Station on Nov1. It is now Dec 7, and your starting "Wicked Wandas." Do you realized that in between you've completed and lighted the station, completed the church, completed the A&W drive-in, completed and lighted Griswold Court House. I'm getting tired trying to keep up with you, but the modeling is amazing!!! My friend shows the pics of your work to customers and they won't believe it is made from scratch from cereal boxes!

Arlaghan

Sep 9, 2003
S. FL
Wow, that is a really interesting shaped structure! And it's coming along nicely! After spending another couple hours in the chats, I guess I ought to get busy too, huh? :D

F

Fred_M

My hats off to you. I've been slowly putting siding on a little house I'm building for two weeks and mine is 1/8 inch wide. Your's is half as small and you do it in 1 day?:cry: Dash 10

Matthyro

Dec 28, 2000
Thanks folks. Russ, one of the benefits of being retired gives me more time for this great hobby. I do volunteer work which takes up a couple of days a week but that leaves plenty of time for me to do layout stuff. In the evening, when sitting watching TV, if I didn't have a building to work on then I fall asleep. During the day, I do more tracklaying and things on my layout and of course, have this corner Ntrak module to complete. Once it is done, I have to build another as that is my commitment to Spitfire.

F

Fred_M

It came to me that you are building this house in the wrong scale. Wouldn't it be better as a HO house? Dash10

F

Fred_M

Are you going to put N scale women in the house? May I suggest you artificially enhanse them with some RTV silicone. ;) Dash10

Clerk

Nov 6, 2002
Esparto, California
Visit site
Well, I am retired also and still don't have time. Both the wife and I have heart conditions which restricts our work and recreation so we help each other as much as possible. The rest of the stuff, well. just sits there.

Matthyro

Dec 28, 2000
Dick, for years they used to tell us that retirement is the "GOLDEN YEARS" now there are not many of us that can say that is true. We all seem to develop problems and have to take heavy doses of medications which is true in my case.
Oh well, back to the building.
The roof is on and the deck is developing.

Attachments

• ww5.jpg
    ww5.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 261