The Foremans Shack(scratchbuilt)

Tileguy

Apr 28, 2003
Northern Mn
Visit site
The Foremans Shack (On30 logging camp)
Here 's My first On30 Shelf Orphan.Its got a few more details to go but were getting close :)

Attachments

• Scratchbuilt sized 001.jpg
    Scratchbuilt sized 001.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 60

zedob

Dec 26, 2004
Chicopee, MA
I like it! Alot!

Beautiful work and interesting subject. Is it free lanced or was there a prototype?

bTW, you may want to put some supports under the front posts. Possibly some stumps for pillars? Regardless, cool model.

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
A beautifully detailed shack, Tileguy.

I love those tree-columns on the porch. Nothing looks as much as wood like... er, well... wood! :D
It's nice that mother nature models herself. As you prove, carefully chosen little twigs are perfect models of big logs. Great! :thumb:

Ron

Tileguy

Apr 28, 2003
Northern Mn
Visit site
The model was freelanced, the Axe was made from Solder.I put on my blacksmithing hat, pounded it flat on the anvil, trimmed it out and removed some excess.rolled the solder back into the shape of a handle, formed and painted it.It still needs some dry brush work but will pass the 3' rule.I havent mounted the building or the firewood stack yetas I may move them around.I do want to include a couple more items like a handpump mounted over a wood box with a pail etc. a few trees , Rocks, and perhaps an outhouse along with several stumps and a worn trail to the Pump from the front porch.

Thanks for the nice coments guys, its really a nice motivator. :)

zedob

Dec 26, 2004
Chicopee, MA
Solder, the other steel.

I was wondering about that axe, if it was scratch or store bought. It struck me as looking so good and is an attention getter. It really caught my eye. Nice job.

Keep posting pics as you add to the scene. Great work.