The flip side!

Ok, most of us have read this thread! http://www.the-gauge.com/showthread.php?t=23774&page=5

However as an alternitive I would like to relate a conversation I had by email and phone call with a customer today!

"If you received my email about the water & responded I never got it if you haven't shipped the water I would like to just cancel the order .and have a refund issued for my payment.thank you "

end quote

This gentleman had ordered some ponds from me this summer. I recieved this e-mail today and was totaly confused??? I never got this order!!! Anyway, after about 4 emails and a phone call to this gentleman it turns out that he had me confused with another company! Bottom line! He felt that I owed him a refund, and I did not even handle the order!

I offered to match the competetors price, and ship Monday as he was is a valued customer. He declined.

What I am saying is that it goes both ways, the retailer and the customer should have a dialoge and the end result should be that everyone is happy!
Just my opinion.

David

COMBAT

Oct 28, 2006
Phoenix
I agree. :D You tried to make the situation right. You offered to ship him the product. You offered to do it Monday. If you never got the order then so be it. However, at least YOU tried. I wasn't so fortunate with my experince. :thumb:

COMBAT

Oct 28, 2006
Phoenix
Does he still want money refunded to him? I mean you never processed the order right? Thats to bad that he got screwed and he doesnt know who did that to him. I wonder if he got the stuff and cant remember? Wow, I dont want to end up like that. I hope my wife shoots me first!

I honostly do not know if he remembers who he dealt with? I assume that if he paid, like on my site he should have some type of invoice or record of the transaction! I am at a loss??? I would like to help him, but he has obviously paid someone and should get his product or money back! He did not make the purchase from me, but I want to help!! I could contact the manufacturer!

THATS IT!!!! I WILL CONTACT THE MANUFACTURER TOMMOROW! IT IS THE CHRISTMAS SEASON RIGHT!
Update to follow!

Awsome news!

I just got off the phone with the manufacturer! I also recieved this email!

"I finally got a response from the guilty party about the water.please accept my apology for my mistake.I got the ponds in and they look good .Oh and if you would i'd like to order two bottles of the water if it's the pourable type.let me know how i should make payment.thanks"

I spoke to the manufacturer and we are going to send this man the water at cost, and we will split the shipping! God I love dealing with small companies that are customer friendly!sign1

David

Play-Doh

May 12, 2006
Portland OR
stripes said:

I offered to match the competetors price, and ship Monday as he was is a valued customer. He declined.

What I am saying is that it goes both ways, the retailer and the customer should have a dialoge and the end result should be that everyone is happy!
Just my opinion.

David

David, I dont even know you that well, but with customer suppor like that, youve just earned my business from here on in.

COMBAT

Oct 28, 2006
Phoenix
Great customer service David! That truly is going above and beyond! Thank you!

I am confused, are you in Canada? Would we be paying a different price because of this?

IE:
http://www.modelrailstructures.com/kilbornmarine.html
Kilborn
trans_1x1.gif
cdn$46.76
Us funds would be less. Correct?

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
Play-Doh said:
David, I dont even know you that well, but with customer suppor like that, youve just earned my business from here on in.
+1
Your site just went into my bookmarks.
When we get going on my daughter's HO layout, you'll be the guy I come to.

COMBAT said:
Great customer service David! That truly is going above and beyond! Thank you!

I am confused, are you in Canada? Would we be paying a different price because of this?

IE:
http://www.modelrailstructures.com/kilbornmarine.html
Kilborn
trans_1x1.gif
cdn$46.76
Us funds would be less. Correct?

With discount as a forum member your cost would be $42.00 US, plus shipping. Email me your zip code and I can quote you an exact cost.
Thanks,
David

hooknlad

Mar 28, 2005
Woodbridge, NJ USA
Stripes - God Bless You man !!!!! If i ever need ponds, I will definitely keep you in mind. Even if you werent within my shipping price, I would go with your company. Happy Holidays !!!!

COMBAT

Oct 28, 2006
Phoenix
stripes said:
With discount as a forum member your cost would be $42.00 US, plus shipping. Email me your zip code and I can quote you an exact cost.
Thanks,
David

David , when I am ready I will be getting some things. Don't worry! :)