The Flea

rogerw

Jun 16, 2006
manhattan ks
Just came across these yesterday. Its out of my price range but considering its 1) switch 2)motor 3) decoder all in one its still expensive but not to crazy expensive. The cost of a peco switch, tortise and wabbit is about 55 dollars. the flea is 83 dollars. like I say to expensive for me but neat idea and maybe some day the price will come down.
Cypress Engineering Model Railroad Products

eve_9d9

Dec 21, 2006
Bowling Green, Ohio
I saw those in a magazine not too long ago....very cool, but god at 83 bucks a pop Id have about 1000 dollars wrapped up in them just for my small layout........

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
One of our members bought some surplus electronic bits at $2 a bit -- he was looking for a new can motor for a locomotive and bought CD ROM drives. The bits he found had a can motor for the CD ROM and another to move the head back and forth with a worm gear and the thingy that moves back and forth. We decided that the thingy could drive a turnout with a couple of microswitches and some hardware.

rogerw

Jun 16, 2006
manhattan ks
david those motors in cd drives that move the heads are stepper motors. You can do some neat things with them. I am working on putting one in a transfer table for the indexing.