The Expanse Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic Lounge' started by zathros, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator Moderator

But it predicted the cancellation one year ago. ;)
    zathros likes this.
  2. zathros

zathros -----SENIOR---- Administrator Moderator

I agree,but the shallowness of the article did nothing that would have allowed fan to voice their discontent. You're right though, maybe the author didn't know the details. :)
  3. zathros

zathros -----SENIOR---- Administrator Moderator

How were people pirating it? They would have to buy the blue Ray or DVD collection, pirating off of streaming runs into all kinds of DRM issues. I don't think pirating had anything to do with this, it was distribution rights. All the articles I read felt that pirating was just thrown in there. Congress already gave the right to copy with VHS, and the companies do not want to bring anything else to the Supreme Court because they know you will lose. Once you broadcast it, it can be copied, you can't sell it though. This has to do with people and their DVR's, which producers hate. Which is really stupid as no one has been able to break the DVD recording protocol, to make disc burnable copies. No Handshake, no recording. I know ways around this but my electronics license would be revoked and I would face fines and possible a small prison term, not worth it.

This same issue exists with the European paper model publishers. They have not interest in making a distribution network for their models. I know a well know person who wanted to buy a container load of models, and they said they would select what models they would sell him. Most were obscure models they couldn't sell with a few good ones peppered through. He declined their offer. Halinski is the culprit, so their models are scanned at 600 d.p.i. and they lose out, and they are everywhere, but they never intended to sell to the U.S. market, so in reality, they have lost nothing. Personally, I don't ask if a model is pirated or not, I don't want to know. I am sick of this "Internet Police" attitude. The few people who distribute some of their work never have what I am looking for. I am happy I got a publishing of the Steyr R.S.O. by A.D.W., now that they are out of business, I would never cut up that magazine, but I already downloaded a scan, and it had all the directions too.

Having the actual publication makes building the scan legit.
    daishi likes this.
  4. daishi

daishi Member

Living in eastern middle Europe I'm not up on US laws and regulations, so I will go with what you said. ;)
    Last edited: May 15, 2018 at 3:37 PM
  5. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator Moderator

I make my own models, so I don't have to pirate anything. :cool:;)
    daishi likes this.