The Crate/Box

Bob Collins

Feb 1, 2001
Council Bluffs, IA
Visit site
What got me to thinking about "The Box" was I ran across an article in an old MRR about the deal where folks put a polar bear cafe somewhere on their layouts. I posted something about it then and after we decided that was too much of a hassle we decided on the crate/box. kettlestack was the first one to post a picture of his "box" Man, that goes back almost to my start on The Gauge in 2001.

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
I often wonder what happened to the Boxcar. Being new to The Gauge back then I wasn't in on it. Been wanting to put together a Gauge boxcar for my own fleet, just been too lazy to put the decals together on my publisher.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
shaygetz said:
I often wonder what happened to the Boxcar. Being new to The Gauge back then I wasn't in on it. Been wanting to put together a Gauge boxcar for my own fleet, just been too lazy to put the decals together on my publisher.

Remember there is a "Gauge Railway" that you can build a car to add to the rest of ours :)

http://www.the-gauge.com/thread3201-the-gauge-railway.html

Bob Collins

Feb 1, 2001
Council Bluffs, IA
Visit site
Jon, you are probably right, it did go on for a very long time, but it was great fun to see who jumped into the act. I thought it was interesting how folks would seem to run out of things to say about the BOX, so would begin to change the subject slightly. As I recall the whole thing actually started with an article in the MRR about Polar Bear Cafes and from there migrated to the BOX and then...............................

Anyway, it was fun and I imagine it might even have been the longest thread on The Gauge for a spell?

Bob