The Cater Casket Company

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
John Cater, the archaeologist or archaeologian as some like to call him. first became interested in the Canadian industrial city of Abercom served by the M.A.T. railroad system when he heard of a strange artifact found there. The carbon dating showed it had come from an era well before the known findings in this part of the world. John decided to visit Abercom and make it an affordable vacation due to the difference in the Canadian dollar as compared to the US dollar.
On arrival, John found that the artifact in question, had been found on the grounds of the Minerva Casket Company. John was intrigued and met with the octogenarian owner who told John, that if he wished to dig on his property, he should buy the land. The owner had no heirs and offered the land and business at a bargain price that John could not resist. The books showed this to be a profitable venture as there was always a demand for caskets no matter how poor the economy was. The end result was a business that provided funding for the dig John planned beneath the cellar floors. There was lots of room to house an archaeological team on the upper floors while the main floor kept on with the manufacture of caskets. All lumber for the business came from the Badger Creek Logging company owned by Paul Templar, a friend of Johns.
It didn't take long for a change of name to Cater Casket Company to occur.
Now as to the results and findings of the dig, you will have to get that story from John.
Here is a view of the business.
eba00157592f00000039.jpg

eba00157592f00000040.jpg
]
eba00157592f00000041.jpg

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Yes it is 99%cardboard. I am putting together a how I buit this model to put at the NARA site.

C

Catt

Hmmm,He builds incredible models,Spins a good yarn,writes articles,and takes pictures to boot.I think this boy has a brite future :D

roryglasgow

Amazing...Very nice! I can see the conversation around the breakfast table: "Hurry up and finish off that cereal. I have an idea..."

Let me take a stab at what they found in the basement: fragments of cardboard! Cardboard from a time when cardboard shouldn't be there... :)

-Rory

Drew1125

Very nice, Robin! (the story, and the model) :cool:
I really like the little details...the casket lids, & the vine-covered walls.:cool: :cool: