The Box

Bob Collins

Someone check quickly to see if the paint is dry on that fence. We may be closing in on our prey. Probably never left the easy coast in the first place. Just sent out a lot of decoys ( would that be decrates) to throw us off the trail.

Bob

Bob Collins

Time, what's time. I'm retired and I have all the time in the world. That's why my body makes me get up early in the morning, so I'll be tired by lunch and can take a nap. After my nap I am well rested and am bright and alert until at least 9:00 :D

I took up the hobby of model railroading specifically so I could get down on my hands and knees to look for microscopic sized screws through my trifocals and then not be able to get back up again without some considerable effort. :rolleyes:

Then of course, there is the memory problem associated with my age. I assume I am modeling UPRR because I have a number of their engines, but that doesn't account then for the CNW and US Army motive power I also seem to have acquired from somewhere :confused: :confused:

Oh well, after a while my senility will kick in and I'll remember all of this just liike it was yesterday, or maybe it will be the day before, I really can't remember.

I see I have tickets on my desk to take a trip in a couple of weeks. I hope the ones I bought will take me where I think that I remembered that I wanted to go.

Oh well. back to my railroad, I know I left it here somewhere:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :D ;) ;) Oh, here it is right behind this pile of crates. I sure don't recall putting them there

Bob:confused:

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Quick!! Sombody get hold of the Lone Ranger & The Green Hornet to check the Fence for DNA Samples!!!

I say it's a case of mis-aligned "decor-CRATE-ions"

--- The rowers keep on rowing
---and they show no sign of slowing
---the Posters keep on posting
---and we know not where we're going..... :) :) :)

(With apologies to "Mr. Wonka")

davidstrains

Time in N-scale is irrelevant anyway. Unless you are trying to stay on a schedule.

If they put all these boxes in a big hole in the ground would we call it a "Crate(r)"?:D :D :)

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Originally posted by davidstrains
Time in N-scale is irrelevant anyway. Unless you are trying to stay on a schedule.

(( David: Does time travel quicker in Z or N than it does in G ????))

If they put all these boxes in a big hole in the ground would we call it a "Crate(r)"?:D :D :)
No, -- it would not be a Crater anymore - the hole would be filled in...

with LOTS of wood!! ROFL:D :D :D :D :D :p :p :D :D :D :D

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
The Box.....

..has turned up on a siding in Connecticut. Don't know why the Army was called in. Maybe to open it.

Attachments

• sep06_17.jpg
    sep06_17.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 166

Bob Collins

Maybe to turn it right side up:confused: :confused:

I certain hope that none of Errol's precious single malt embalming fluid leaks out. Surely the bung is pounded in tight ;) ;)

Bob

davidstrains

Can you believe the nerve of someone calling in a tank, of all things, to cover the "Box". Could our "intelligence?" services:rolleyes: :rolleyes: be on to something that they are not telling us? Could it be that the Scotsman did in fact partake of the "wee drams" and seclude himself in that "Box" and is trying to take a cross country trip without paying first class? Maybe he is enjoying the stash of "wee drams" in the crate himself?

The epic continues:) :) :)

Bob Collins

If Errol has hidden away in the crate the blood must be rushing to his head about now. Of course, if he's been into the sauce he might not feel the difference, say what:D :D

I think we need to alert Errol to the fact that he is being much maligned in this thread. I get the impression if we haven't smoked him out yet he isn't getting the messages from this thread. Anyone want to alert him:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bob

Och Eightyeightfan1, the things ye's bloked wid dae fur a wee drap o' the hard stuff!!! ... Michty mee!!!!:(
Ah'm jist an innocent tourist tryin tae enjoy ma'self on the cheap!
Iff'n ye'll hae a wee drap o' ma' good stuff mibbee we kin forgit aboot this wee understandin??:)
But a'hl tell ye noo, A'hl no be cummin back tae Connecticut in a hurry!:D :D

Errol

Attachments

• errols hoose.jpg
    errols hoose.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 135

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Errol,
Did we really have to stand the box on its head and threaren it with a tank to get you back into the"spirit"?

On the other hand, maybe standing the box on its head wasn't a good idea, look how "depressed" that flat car is!

Vic

Hi Errol, 'Bout time you got in here and spoke up on your behalf. Many have been 'blamin you for the misadventures of The Box:D :D :D :eek:

We can't afford to hire Johnny Cochran and Perry Mason again as the last episode exhausted The Robber Barron Defense Fund.:D :D :D :D :eek:

Glad you're back!!!:) :) :D :D

Drew1125

Gaaaulee!
'Em Scottish guys shur tawk funny, don' t'ey?
Over 'ear in 'Tucky, we tawk rail anglish!
'Em's some good lookin' pitchers ya got t'er doe, Errol!
:D :D :D