The Box

alkcnw

Apr 10, 2002
camp douglas Wis.
Visit site
logo

Thanks Mike, I haven't been back to this thread for awhile. I like the logo, I'll have to draw out mine for you and post it. Its a little more old fashion since I amm mainly into steam. Its basicly a H with the V layed on top, set into a sheild with a drawing of heather in the background.:eek:

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
I had turned it over to the Southern which took it to the coast where it was loaded and sent to Errol (kettlestack) in England. Insurance investigators have determined it made it across the "pond" and on to Errol's trackage alright. They are now trying to determine what happened. This pic was e-mailed to them from an undisclosed location and was not signed! :eek: :D :p :D Don't know if it is the only one or not, but that box seemed to be kind of rare. :(

Bob Collins

Feb 1, 2001
Council Bluffs, IA
Visit site
I'm sure we'll learn the truth soon if Scotland Yard is on the case. They always get their man, or was that the Canadian Mounties:D :D

Anyway, maybe Braveheart will be on the case too and we will soon learn the perpetrator of this dastardly crime:( :( ;) ;)

Bob

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Originally posted by Bob Collins
or was that the Canadian Mounties:D :D
Bob

It was.. " Sargent Preston of the Yukon and his Wonder Dog King...brought to you by Quaker Oat Puffs...The Cereal Shot From A Gun...." Lord! am I showing my age or what?:D :D :D

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
I'll come clean

Bob, I'm guilty!

I don't know how Tyson got his hands on that pic but it was to be the "Phase one" shot of a sequence I was preparing on the contruction of the frame for my N layout. It was the source of my timber!
Being a diplomat, I was going to electronically remove the lettering so no members would get upset.
I am consulting my lawyers now for defending me in the forthcoming courtsmarshall ......... I wonder if they permit beadstringing in The Gauge's "pokey hole"? :( :(

I never should have taught my wife how to send pics to others. Just coz I didn't buy her the car she really wanted I think she might have "leaked" my intentions for that packing box!

Errol

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Hi Errol, Don't worry about your transgression....The Judge is a Robber Barron too....And can be "bought off":eek: :D :D :D :p Cheap too...he'll dismiss your case for one narrow gauge boxcar:D :D :D :p

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Hi Tyson, Noooo! Not blackmail!!!!:eek: :D Now days its called "Cooking The Books":D :D :D Those CEO's at Enron and Worldcom are "World Class Robber Barrons" LOL:D :D :D :D

Bob Collins

Feb 1, 2001
Council Bluffs, IA
Visit site
I am led to believe that this is all becoming quite serious. I am told on good authority that the FBI (Fumbling Box Inspectors) are being called into this situation. I also believe Perry Mason has been hired by the defense (Errol) for what is now being referred to as "The Case of the Considerably Crushed Crate"

Report live from as far away from the scene of the crushing as I can possible get................

Bob:confused: :confused:

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
The Case Continues .... hehehe

I was in the depths of despair! Caught between a rock and a hard place, and all because I needed a few scraps of wood for a model!!!!!!

A ray of sunshine beamed on me as a letter from the Fumbling Box Inspectors indicated that the box structure had been weakened during transit on the RI !!!!!!! (Now who said these guys were dumb?)

Perry Mason's investigations showed the when the Southern delivered the box to the marine wharf there were bracing pieces missing. He is checking to find out if the two packers I had fired for shoddy workmanship had taken up employment on the Southern.

Scotland Yard has established that the freighter had developed propulsion problems and had put in at a small port in Wales served by a fairly large logging company called Badger Creek. As this company had a good reputation the box was shipped to the interchange with the Clayton Central (wholly owned by me).

My own investigators have established that we took delivery of a turning lathe with some wood pieces which had no apparent function!! so the lathe was delivered and the odd pieces of wood were left by the trackside.

As I was out looking for weeds of a type (mentioned elsewhere in this forum) suitable for making model trees, I found the wood which in this country is regarded as "jetsam". I'ts MINE I tell you, it's MINE by right of tresspass!

Now, you may be wondering why I have told you all this.
Think about it my friends, would you willingly surrender a HOn3 boxcar when a fancy bit of footwork could get you off the hook???? :D :D :D

Errol