The Box

IMRL393

And who better to carry "the BOX" than RI Motor Transit ??!!

Just like the best carrier on rails is the RIL !!!

:D

- George

Bob Collins

Gee George, I don't want to burst your bubble, but wouldn't that me more correctly stated.. the former and now defunct RIL :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Where the RIL used to run through my hometown the tracks are GONE:eek: :eek:

Bob

roryglasgow

OK, I went and did it!

I was standing in the yard when this train went by with a rather interesting looking box. Unfortunately, my camera doesn't take clear pictures at that distance... And if I were standing further away, the print would be too small...

But trust me! The box on the flat car says Gauge Ind! :)

BTW, it looks like someone at the R&K converted a stock car into a flat car. What a way to run a railroad!!

-Rory

Attachments

• thebox.jpg
    thebox.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 304
Nice one Rory, and geee, I love them trees!
Looks like business is on the up and up at Gauge Ind's. Who do we ask for the annual financial statement from HQ? .. :)

Errol

rockislandmike

If you tell me what cost center(s) you need, I can get that for you......

rockislandmike
Resident Budget/Financial Guy
(who only wishes his company's products/services were THAT interesting)

Tyson Rayles

Boy I sure hope we haven't seen the last of the boxes. We still have over 400 members unaccounted for! :eek: Come on folks get on the stick (or in this case the box):p

Bob Collins

As I've mentioned several times, when I can spend some quality time finishing up my electrical work and am ready to get serious about scenery, you will begin to see some references to "Gauge" from time to time. I have a couple of ideas that I think will be fun to implement. I also need to do some reading or studying about decals. I hear reference on here to dry transfer and things like that with which I am not familiar. Are they done on a sticky backed paper? Can they be done with the computer using an ink jet printer? That would be cool if you could take advantage of the color capability of the printer:cool:

Bob

Tyson Rayles

Bob, Dry transfers are "rubbed onto the surface you are "decaling" with a burnishing tool, which can be as simple as a smooth rounded off dowel. Water slide decals (the most common type) can be printed real easy on your home computer if you use a laser printer. If you use a ink jet they have a solution that you spray on the decal before you soak it in water, however if you have a quality ink jet you may be able to get away without it. Micro Mark sells everything I mentioned but I'm sure there are other companys as well. Most sticky backed decals are rather thick and don't look good on anything smaller that 12 inch to the foot scale.:D Hope this helps some.

Bob Collins

I suppose the obvious response to Shanes question is: waiting for what:rolleyes: :rolleyes: If you are waiting for me to post scenery pictures I certainly hope you aren't holding your breath as that is going to be awhile.

Bob

RI541

Bob,

Whew!!!!!!!!!!! I can breath again,I was turning this funny shade of pinkaly-purple.:D

I didnt mean just you,there are others here too.I just wanted to keep the thread alive up near the top of the list so people wont forget.

I think that it is fun and wanted some of the new members to join in.

Shane

Originally posted by RI541

I didnt mean just you,there are others here too.I just wanted to keep the thread alive up near the top of the list so people wont forget.

I think that it is fun and wanted some of the new members to join in.

Shane [/B]

And I sent the'Box' to my buddy in town here, that actually has a lay out. I've been asking him what he's come up with, but nothing yet!!

Drew

Bob Collins

Shane;

It sounded to me like you were concerned that I might not post any more pictures of my layout.

Well, here is one that is fairly representative of what I am doing to complete what I think has become a lifes worth of work, particularly now that I fully realize that you really never finish building a layout. You either continue to improve what you started, or you start over again:D In my case it really doesn't make much difference as it isn't running yet anyway. Won't be long, but not quite yet.

My motto this week is "red is right and black is left" :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bob

Attachments

• dcp04967.jpg
    dcp04967.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 299

RI541

Bob,

Looks like you've got your hands full there, Wiring isnt fun.I ve still got alot to do on my layout.But due to resent injuries I cant get under the layout let alone much of anything else.

Shane

Bob Collins

That wiring has been hanging there like that for about 10 days as I try to get a clear picture in my mind about just exactly what I am doing. I think I have it figured out, thanks to the help and encouragement of folks like Gary and others on here. I have to be able to visualize it completed so I can figure out the various steps. I think I'm ready to go, so the next rainy day I will get with it. Since I took the picture earlier I've already hooked up the power to one of the main buss and will do the other one tonight before I turn in. That way I'm ready to start powering up the various sections of the track. Hopefully a decoder I ordered last week will arrive within the next day or so and I'll be in business again, only this time with my DCC!!!!

I can certainly understand about trying to get under the benchwork if you have been injured, it is hard enough for me when I'm not..... only old and not near as limber as I used to be.

Bob

Tyson Rayles

The Box is back!!!!!!!

I know Errol didn't think we would ever get that huge crate off the flatcar, but it's now on a flatbed truck for the next leg of it's journey.

Attachments

• box.jpg
    box.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 280
So it's finally on the last leg of the journey huh Tyson?

Only took 2 1/2 months to get it off the flat car huh Tyson? :eek: .

The Gauge Ind board are considering changing their shipping lines to the RI and CN. :D .

Maybe we need teeny "Boxes" so these half-pint size workers can handle the goods more efficiently. Either that or close down the pubs near the NRR depots where the wee guys seem to spend most of their time!!:) :D .

Nice clear photo Tyson. Reminds me of the Nantahal area! :) .

Errol

alkcnw

Hey Guys, I would like to vote for the box ,I love the idea, I can just see my layout hundreds of boxes all over the place!!!!!!!!!!:eek: