The Box

Bob Collins

Feb 1, 2001
Council Bluffs, IA
Visit site
Someone out there is reading my mind again :eek: Yesterday, while I was spending 7 hours of windshield time getting back to Council Bluffs from southern Missouri I got to thinking about "The Box" and wondering what has ever happened to "kettlestack" from Scotland, who was one of the great contributors to this thread and caused me to laugh out loud more than once. :thumb:

I stayed with the thread for a long time and then when we moved a year or so ago I had other priorities and I have not been nearly as active on The Gauge as I would like to be. Another great contributor was Woodie. I tried a month or so ago to send him an e-mail or private message, but never heard back from him :( :(

Everytime I sign on there are so many new people I don't recognize :( Guess I need to spend more time on here and get to know them.

Bob

KCS

Nov 23, 2004
Shreveport, LA.
You need to put a tarp on that crate because it look's like it's going to rain. Lol. One of these day's I'll finish up on the scratch built crates made from a wooden locomotive shed.

Bob Collins

Feb 1, 2001
Council Bluffs, IA
Visit site
Just curious. Is this still the longest thread on the Gauge, both in terms of messages posted and the length of time it has stayed active. I think it is amazing. I guess as I think back it has actually morphed a couple of times, but it is still the same thread.:)

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Bob Collins said:
Just curious. Is this still the longest thread on the Gauge, both in terms of messages posted and the length of time it has stayed active. I think it is amazing. I guess as I think back it has actually morphed a couple of times, but it is still the same thread.:)
No, not quite. "Once upon a Train" started almost a year earlier than this one, and is about twice as long. "Brain Teaser..." is the longest one. We did a search about a year ago to find the earliest post, and it happened within a day or so of when the Gauge was born.

Incidentally, both the "Once upon a Train" and "Brain Teaser..." threads have been moved to the new coffee klatch forum "The Caboose".

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
I was at the NMRA Train show and met up with Sumpter... He showed me a scene with one of the laser cut models he sells... :) :) Recognize anything familiar???? :D :D :D

Yes - it's a bit blurry :( I had a differend camera than I usually use :(

The Gauge crate is back!!!! LOL

IMG_0143.JPG

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
N Gauger said:
I was at the NMRA Train show and met up with Sumpter... He showed me a scene with one of the laser cut models he sells... :) :) Recognize anything familiar???? :D :D :D

Yes - it's a bit blurry :( I had a differend camera than I usually use :(

The Gauge crate is back!!!! LOL
Astounding how that thing seems to follow Pete around.:D :D Last time I saw it, was on my layout and Pete was visiting at the time. :wave: :wave:

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Mikey,
Thanks for stopping by, wish I could have spent more time with you, but I was there to "work". I did get some time to go around to visit the other booths. It was a great show, there was a lot of neat stuff there, and we (GCLaser) made a lot of contacts.
Pete

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
sumpter250 said:
Mikey,
Thanks for stopping by, wish I could have spent more time with you, but I was there to "work". I did get some time to go around to visit the other booths. It was a great show, there was a lot of neat stuff there, and we (GCLaser) made a lot of contacts.
Pete
It was great seeing you too!! :) We were rushing out to get our train (once an hour on Sundays) :( so we didnt get a chance to see ya on the way out :( Glad it was worth the trip for ya :) :D :)