The Box

I am new here, as my post number will show but I wanted to see if I could find a "Gauge Box".
This is a trestle that was built in the 1930s after the wooden one burned down. The track runs through the cattle and wheat ranch that I grew up and old on so I bought the land from the family because I wanted to have my "own" railroad.
We went out to the trestle today and what do you know there was a "box".
I hope that I havent broken any rules posting the pics this way.
http://www.viewoftherockies.com/Coloradotrestle.html

J

jmarksbery

The Box???

Lawd, lawd, did you guys notice how big that Box has gotten? It makes a shay look like an ant on a foot ball! Be prepared for another over run of those blaim things, sure didn't know it was coming to this when the WC & T RR shiped that thing on out. :rolleyes:
Good shot Frogman

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
Let's see. If it was okay for Errol to use some of the lumber to build his new layout, it should be okay for Frogman Bob to use some to get his good looking Shay to run. And since it looks like that stupid "box" has gotten pregnant again, this time by a 1 to 1 scaler, we should have a lot of little "boxettes and boxers" berfore long scattered around the country. :eek: :eek:

I wonder if Errol did put some of his wonderful brew into theat crate that showed up in Connecticut. I may have to take a trip up there to try to find a refill for my jug.:D :)

J

jmarksbery

THE BOX?

What's going on with that box? The last time I saw it the Shay was sitting on it! Is it shrinking again or is it trying to mate with that Shay? Holy Cow, what a thought!! :eek: :rolleyes:

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
Having hammered out a trade agreement with Pete's railroad (furniture going his way, wood stains my way) I was a little suprised when his train pulled into Tellico Gap with this in his consist! :confused: However it wasn't dropped off here. Now I know his next stop was Charleston S.C., so maybe they are going to be loaded on freighters to head across the pond???? :confused: I hope they are headed for Badger Creek rails and not Errol's !!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: If they are headed for Errol's they better be insured well! :D :p :D :rolleyes: :D :eek: :D

Attachments

• the box.jpg
    the box.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 160

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
Ft. Eustis, eh? Isn't that the Army Transportation Command? That isn't too far from me ( Southeast about 120 miles). I now have the mainline down on my layout (Engleton & Western) - no pictures yet. (Trackplan is on the Planning Forum.) But that probably means that more of those little creatures may show up. You guys don't interchange with "under construction" layouts do you? I am looking for a place near my yard to put an inspection station to keep an explosion of those things from appearing. I have also found a need for a "Bar Car" on my work train to supply some of Errol's embalming juice. :D :D Ohhhh, the joy of it all.:)

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
David,
I'f there's trackwork capable of carrying rolling stock, there's no telling what will turn up on it.. (and without warning). :) These TN, KY and VA guys are kinda sneaky to say nuthing of a few others in here.

Hey, whit a great noshun! .. a possible ootlet fur mah embalmin fuid!! Jackie Daniels look oot! the real stuff might catch on ower there!! Dae ye think mibbee a couple of flaggons o' it tae yer inspcturs wid mack them considder lettin me vacion on the sidin? :cool: Ah wid bring mah ain hoose and be nae trouble at a'.

Errol

Bob Collins

Feb 1, 2001
Council Bluffs, IA
Visit site
I leave Monday for a three week visit in Turkey and will keep my eyes open to see if they have been invaded by crates or cratettes.

I doubt that I will find any in the Sultan's Haren when I visit in Istanbul, but you just never know about those things.:D :D

I'll take along my trusty digital just in case.

Bob

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Vic,
I took that freight down through Virginia, and just a bit of Tennesee, 'fore it arrived on the Nantahala Midland. I honestly can't r'member there bein' any boxes loaded on that flat when it left Cindys Harbor...........;)

Tyson,
Nice shot! I hope mine come out as well as that!
Pete

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Hi Pete, Hope you had an enjoyable trip. :) Like I said...you can't always depend on the grapevine:D :D :D :D It appears that The Gauge Department of Intelligence may have been compromised:eek: I just e-mailed my congressman requesting an immeadiate investigation:D :D :D :D :D