The Bige61 model railroad video blog

Taka

Jan 3, 2010
Md Eastern shore
Hello all!
I found this video blog by chance and figured I share it with those who may be interested.
This guy's work and layout is amazing. The stuff he does with extruded foam and all the secret tips he gives out is incredible. He could charge money for this stuff but its all free. Magazines and books are fine for starters, but to see someone actually working in real time doing the scenery is priceless.

The scale he uses is N scale, but everything he demonstrates can be used for any scale. And he has demo's on just about everything, how to make your own molds for bridge piers and the like, making your own turnouts etc, etc.

I finally have some real space and plan on using his techniques on my own layout. wish me luck. ha!
So check out Evert's page you wont be disappointed!

Since this forum will not let me link the page here is the address you'll just have to type it in yourselves.

www youtube com/user/thebige61

Cheers! T

Taka

Jan 3, 2010
Md Eastern shore
www.youtube.com/user/thebige61

Ok now you should be able to click on it. Be warned this guys web blog has TONS of video material so you may wind up spending a few hours or so watching them...

I thought his use of Floral Foam on his river scene to be pretty ingenious... considering how easy it is to shape it. And his use of the shavings with glue to make a filling caulk was pretty dang cool too.

Taka

Jan 3, 2010
Md Eastern shore
Your welcome! I have learned a quite a bit from watching his videos. Which I plan on emulating when I start my own big project this spring.