The best model I've ever seen - now I have it!

siledka

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7349973707&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Look at the fantastic European engine that I boght through e-bay today!
A week of dreaming, an evening of sweating, keeping fingers crossed - and it nearly went to pieces as I put too high a bid apparently and the system aked me if I was sure! And I was already counting seconds - and in this schock when instead of a bid confirmation I received yet another something - if I were to read it - I would have lost the item! And remember this is all in German - so luckily I just reacted to the "bestaetigen" button - and on the last second I finally bought this dream of mine!

I know there are plenty of cool american electrolocs that look just as ugly as this one - but for Europe - this is an outstanding creature!

I know I look silly writing all that - but bo russian fellow-crazy collectors are already awake - so spare a secong and share my joy!

By the way I bought another nice article from the same guy today - and to me the price is cool as well

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7349972833&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

ausien

beuty is in the eye of the beholder, but still a great buy (no matter the cost), enjoy .
...have a good one..steve

siledka

Thanks for the nice words, chaps!

By the way, could anyone suggest a good reference book for American brass imports?
The only one I heard about is the Brown Book - but I gather the last edition was back in 2001 or so - so it is not quite a good reference already, I presume. I see lots of nice models on e-bay, but do not have the slightest idea what is the reasonable price for a specific model - sometimes I see really cute ones disapearing without bids and a spart price around $300 and naturally some old stuff, which to mee seem only good enough to sell for scrap raises $2000 or so.
And naturally the pics give no clue sometimes of the accuracy of the model and details.

2slim

<<Whoa...that's so ugly, I gotta have two >>
Bob
Would that be 'stereo ugly'?
Definately different beastie there......

2slim