The beginnings of a roundhouse

hiscopilot

Dec 27, 2006
Spring Hill, TN
Well, I gave up waiting to find the perfect items and tried to use the instructions someone gave me...

I jus grabbed everything I could find in the house that could be considered construction materials and off I went. Pretty much "freestyle" - I just measured the trains I needed in it and started cutting, glueing, and painting.

Here's my progress so far:
IMG_2131a.jpg

IMG_2130a.jpg

hiscopilot

Dec 27, 2006
Spring Hill, TN
Thanks for the complements! I am glad it is turning out usable. I am not sure Gordon and Henry will even go all the way in but its no big deal, it will serve my sons purpose.

Back to work on the roof structure part. Want to make it removable so I can run lights later and perform track Maintenance.

cnw1961

Jan 7, 2006
Germany
Your first scratch build? Excellent job :thumb: :thumb: . Thamos and his friends will feel surely at home in it.

hiscopilot

Dec 27, 2006
Spring Hill, TN
thanks!!!!!!!!! I cant wait to actually have a layout to put it on. I am going to hang some lights in it also just for fun.

I know its not whats used for anything, but has anyone made lights using christmas lights? obviously the smaller ones. I just dont have anything else and if I could pull out an old strand, that would be easy, but they doget pretty hot and may be too big for this, huh?