The Atlas Forum is up and running again

Espeenut

...although you may see me over on the Atlas Forum, you will also find me here, over at RailroadForums.com and at Railroad Line Forums, we don't have to be exclusive in our membership, try to get a little more exposure guys, its a lot more interesting seeing what a larger percentage of railfans and modelers are up to...I'm also involved with a number of the Yahoo groups.
...so you'll not be "losing" me as a member of "The Gauge"...

cheers,

Lorne Miller

cobra

I belong to Atlas mainly to look in on DCC discussions . I did learn a number of things , including the use of 'suitcase connectors' which have turned out to be perfect for a lousy solderer like myself .
Anyhow , when I logged in the other day , Atlas wouldn't recognize my user ID and password , had to start all over again ....I had about 5 postings total , so didn't lose anything .

NEIL

pdt

The shutdown caused me to be less active on Atlas now that it's up and running, maybe because I got out of the habit of checking in on it throughout the day. I have registered again but I really haven't had much to say. I joined this forum a little before the shutdown, primarily because of a posting to the Academy on painting backdrops. I was impressed enough with the quality of work there that I decided to hang out. I've been on some other forums for awhile, too. Railroad.net has long been a favorite since that was the first one I found four years ago. And like Lorne, I'm on several Yahoo groups as well. There's plenty of conversation out there and I enjoy most of it. But, just because Atlas is up again doesn't mean I'm leaving. In fact, I'm pretty disappointed with the layout of Atlas's new forum. This one is one of my favorites in terms of format.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
I check the Atlas forum because there is so much volume. There can be dozens of new posts in an evening. Inevitably I find something that piques my interest. There is a lot of talent there...just like here...and in some cases, its the same people! :)

Brakie, I've seen two threads over there wondering about your whereabouts. Seems you're missed.
Ralph

hoyle said:
Things are getting heated up on that fourm.
Well, out of curiosity, I just looked at their current N Scale forum. The first and only thread I looked at was 5 pages (so far) of rants about bad spelling and typos. Sheesh.:rolleyes:

Wayne