The African Queen full hull version

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I can't believe I wrote "Audrey Hepburn", she was beautiful, Katherine Hepburn looked like skin drawn over a skull!! Thanks for the correction!. :)

Reactions: blake7 and subnuke

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Yes, she did. Her upper class roots and snobbish private life I always turn to be a turn off. Easy to have left wing politics when your family is rich. Audrey fought was involved in the resistance in WWII. She came from a modest background, and her acting was natural. As was her beauty. Cary Grant was a known ButtChinian, and she almost looked more masculine than him!! Anything looked better than Humphrey in "The African Queen". The beautiful eyes,the skin, the hair, Audrey has it all!! She is a natural, all time beauty. ;)

Audrey.jpg

blake7

Apr 19, 2012
Mannington wv.
Found some time to work on the engine. Keep in mind this build of the engine is to see what needs modified, resized, or redesigned. When the ink I ordered comes I will rebuild the engine, and then rebuild the whole model. I think I will change the two whistles to tubes instead of flat. I sat the engine in the boat to see how it will look. I still have a little more yet to build on the engine including redoing the whistles. Hope you like it so far.

57.jpg 58.jpg 59.jpg 60.jpg 61.jpg

Reactions: Revell-Fan

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Smart proof of concept. When you do the final version, it should be quite pleasing. "If I do say"....................:)

Reactions: blake7

blake7

Apr 19, 2012
Mannington wv.
Thanks Revell Fan! Thanks zathros for the compliment, and I finally took your advice and bought the ink refill instead of the cartridges. Now to see if I can refill them. I should get the kit today through the mail.

s-l400.jpg

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Once you start refilling your own cartridges, you will be shocked that you paid so much money for ink before. Ink per ounce, is twice the price of an Ounce of Cocaine!!! Also, the convenience, and understanding you lear about your printer. I haven't purchased a printer in 6 years. I still have my Workforce 1100 Epson, I got it when they first came out and only cost $150 dollars, then they shot up to over $500 and now, forgeddaboutit!!!!!

It's nice to you can print and really not care about the ink usage. Remember the printers do not actually measure ink levels, the calculate by how many pages you have printed, what should be lot. So if a cartridge reads low, take it out, top it up with ink, shake it *covering the holes!!!) and then put it back in and go through the charging process. This also works better if you disconnect the USB cable and do it in stand alone mode, that way the computer software can try and trick you. These companies are devious.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Everyone reading this: Be careful if you have an HP printer. I haven't tried refills yet BUT I tried replacement cartridges from a cheaper alternative manufacturer. It worked for a few weeks but then the machine refused to print black. Period. The machine was beyond repair. Of course, no-one would admit that HP would install a self-destruct mode into their own products. I can't prove anything either but the web is full of reports of people who installed third party cartridges into HP printers who then had the same problem. That's more than coincidence, methinks, and I learned a lesson. A lesson that cost me 160 bucks for a new printer. :frak:

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Do you have the syringes for cleaning the heads? Did you re-align the cartridges through the service program? You may have to remove the head and soak it in warm water. H.P. printers don't have a self destruct, they're just crappy printers. The Ink on all these printers is the same, it's made by Dupont. The only difference is if it is pigment Ink or Dye Ink, Pigment being better as it does not smudge when wet, and is U.V. resistance. Pigment Ink is considered Archival. I know the person who designed most of the printer heads for H.P..

The problem is that H.P. printers are over priced crappy printers. You can get an Epson with scanner from Walmart for $50 bucks, like I did 6 months ago, when my scanner blew out on my 6 year old old Epson. The printer part still worked.

If you have the syringe, or get one from a pharmacy, the kind the use for giving kids medicine, you can attach a small rubber hose and then attach it to the Pin that sticks into the cartridge, and force warm water through it to clean it.

I've fixed too many printers to tell you that none have a self destruct. Epson has a software shut down when it calculates the overflow try is full, but they offer a program on their website to shut it off.

Problem is you're in Germany, and I do not know of any quality aftermarket suppliers there. The company that owns the patents on all ink made is one state over from me. What printers do if they don't like the new cartridge is put up a Window stating "Cartridge Not Recognized", this is the same Windows used when an approved cartridge breaks. Don't believe the Internet tripe.

It could be synchronicity, but, if you're in America, or anywhere, for reference, get an Epson next time. Go to www.inkproducts.com there they have a list of recommended printers, and I am sure that they have these models in Germany. I highly recommend doing this before you buy another one. The printer I got for $50 bucks was on sale that day, my neighbor paid $150 for the same model, exactly the same model, a week later somewhere else. That shows the mark up on these things.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
You can't overfill a cartridge in theory. It looks like they may not have seated properly. You did take the pin off of the vent hole? Remove the head, then soak in in warm water, then reinstall. You have clogged heads. I would try the syringe method before I removed the head first, that usually fixes all head problems. Make sure you put the proper ink in the appropriate cartridge. ;)

blake7

Apr 19, 2012
Mannington wv.
Thanks zathros! It was a clogged head. I took one of the syringes with out a needle and placed a small rubber washer over each refill hole and pushed some air in until ink came out the printer head. My printer is printing perfectly now. I have printed out two 2X Wall-E figures and the boat.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
That's great!! I used to fix these things. I have rescued many from the dump (transfer station). I only look for the expensive ones now.

blake7

Apr 19, 2012
Mannington wv.
I finished the engine, and changed some things on the templates. Now that I got my ink working it is time to rebuild the engine. This will let me know if I can build it last or when I build the lower deck.

62.jpg 63.jpg 64.jpg 65.jpg 66.jpg 67.jpg

Reactions: zathros

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
You will have your own African Queen now.....I was going to crack a joke, but I think I'll leave this one alone. ;)