That one train u always want

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
Although I like the CNW alot, it wasn't the railname that got me into MRRing. I can't remember what model it was, just that it looked like an alco-somethin ro a gp somethin in Conrail decals. I can't even remember if it was even HO scale,but rather O! Oh well, it's just a fond memory:D . i'm just curious as to ask if any of you had allways wanted a special engine or rolling stock since you started MRRing.

pooka2hot4u

May 30, 2006
some sort of NYC subway car set. wanting to make a layout with a NYC subway-ish feel to it is what got me into this hobby....but then i realized that the only affordable subway cars were the life like R17s (which are a little too early for me. looking for more like 70s - 80s) the rest are expensive customs, and there were none in N which i would have kind of preffered.
oh well, maybe some day :cry:

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
That would be either the HOn3 model of Mich-Cal #2, the worlds smallest shay or the model of Erie's 2-8-8-8-2 Triplex put out bu Olympic some years back---3 motors, in O scale---what a beast that thing must be.:thumb:

hiscopilot

Dec 27, 2006
Spring Hill, TN
well, I just started, but since I was a kid I always wanted an operating model of the incline to Lookout Mountain in Chattanooga, TN.

Don't even know where to begin to look for such a thing.

gruggier

Nov 28, 2006
Deer Park NY
A USA Trains NYC Hudson J1e with MTH prototype 2.0 sound and dcc. $2000 bucks at g scale juntion. I want it! It will be a matter of time before I get it.

TN_Trainman

Nov 14, 2006
Mine was and is a Cab Forward SP, dont know what it is about them but I have allways wanted one.....