.....that lowers the boom

Discussion in 'On30 Forum' started by argilla, Sep 20, 2005.

1. argilla

argilla New Member

Hey,

I'm working an a Bulage or as we call it the Ardens ( Belguim) 0n30 railraod.
    Therefore I need a crane or something that can lowers the boom. I'm looking for a drawing in that scale. Can anyone help me with this drawing ?? Or a site where I can find such drawings ??Thx :D

debruyn.ml@skynet.be

debruyn.ml@skynet.be
  2. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

I'm not exactly sure what you are looking for, but....if you want to try a kitbash,
    start with a Bachmann On30 flat car, add a Walthers, HO scale 25 ton vulcan crane kit, without the "shelter"/cab, and scratchbuild a new roof, walls, etc. The boom on the Walthers crane can be raised and lowered, as can the hook. It would be a lightweigth crane with lots of character.
    Pete
  3. Tileguy

Tileguy Member

Clyde Iron Works McGiffert Loader was used in the logging industry quite often.
    The Timber Times had an article on scratchbuilding one of these (or similar) a few years back.
    Check the Timber Times back issues for which issue's you would need to order at
    www.timbertimes.com
  4. argilla

argilla New Member

:wave: Thx for helping me on with the 0n30 logging crane. The 25 tons vulcan crane is a backorder from Walthers. So I expect it will be sent to me.

I'll hope if I have any questions abouth it I can replay on this forum for some help building it . Thx again
    by the way nice forum too :thumb:

argilla