Thanks to all of You Gaugers!

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
I thot I would type in a thank you note to all of you for you tips, answers to my silly questions and for just being such nice folks in general. I know that some of you have given most excellent tips and answers that have gone on unthanked because I read the whole thread and forget to say thanks for the earlier posts. So I'm sayin' it rat now! This will get worst with the increased traffic. If I ever ignore one of you or owe you something or don't answer you, please repost, PM, or e-mail me. I have my e-mail listed and messaging is on. Also I know I am sometimes gender specific when I don't mean to be, as many of us are, and I do not wish to offend they ladies or leave them out. Most of the ladies here can model circles around my thumby hands!

You're a great bunch. I'm happy to know you and I will be a better modeler for what I have learned here. The first layout I do as an adult (I almost said my first adult layout :eek: ), will probably be an almost professional grade and will surely lack many pittfalls I would have otherwise encountered. This is truely a University. I hope to one day repay my debt. Until then, maybe I can just come up with a sequil to The Box, Paulsen strikes again!

I'm gettin' all choked up. Almost moist. I'm gunna go take a double dose of my meds and take the wifey out fer a bite.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
jon -- Thanks for that post - sometimes we get so wrapped up in day-to-day life we forgat to say ~~~~~~~ Thanks!!!!

Like I've said many times ~~ I'm proud to moderate on this BB. I'ts the best - IMHO .. :)

The ONLY way you can re-pay us (except to advertise the board) is PICS !!!!! lots OF PICS!!!!!!!! we LUV Pics !!!!

ROFL -- ask Anyone -->>>>>> PICS!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D :D :D

Ok, I know - time for the Jug again, ( time to mellow....) :) :)

~~~~ Mikey

P.S. - Hope you enjoy your Dinner!!! :)

t. alexander

Jun 20, 2002
Attalla Al.
Visit site
jon's post goes for me also. I have recieved lots of great info from alot of gifted modeler's here. Including a couple of MR celebrities like Shamus and Casey, how great is that.
Nice post jon.

t.

t. alexander

Jun 20, 2002
Attalla Al.
Visit site
Btw, I had a thought (ouch). If jon is treating that means we could be close enough to his place that we would'nt need pic's. And after lunch he could give a tour of some local Monon country and then back to his place for dinner and then he could make some coffee, (how big is your coffee pot jon?)

I'll bet your wife would be just tickled with the whole affair...uh right?;) :D

t.

N Gauger

Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Originally posted by t. alexander
Btw, I had a thought (ouch). If jon is treating that means we could be close enough to his place that we would'nt need pic's. And after lunch he could give a tour of some local Monon country and then back to his place for dinner and then he could make some coffee, (how big is your coffee pot jon?)

I'll bet your wife would be just tickled with the whole affair...uh right?;) :D

t.

"T" ~~~~ Just remember YOU started this!!!!

:p :p :D :D :eek: :eek: :D :D :p :p

That's 723 "Members" X 2 cups each = 1446 cups

1446 X 8 Oz per cup = 11,568 Oz

11568 / 128 (oz in gal) = 90 1/2 gallons of Coffee...

We'll be over ---------

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh -- Tuesday next!!!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D

ROFL!!!!

~~ Mikey

Well, I'd be willing to pass on the coffee, if that would help cut down on the preparation time any.... perhaps substitute a bottle (or two) of zinfandel or a nice cabernet... :D :D :D :D ... hell, I'd even be willing to bring my own... :D :D :D ... matter of fact, I've probably got one or two already open around here somewhere..... :D :D :D :D

Next Tuesday, you say???
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Dang Jon, that was nicely put! You're one of the most gracious psychos I've ever met. :) I'm with you on the comments about The Gauge being a university. I've learned a lot since my June registration and know it will only get better. Say, is this luncheon of yours becoming BYOB? If Casey is bringing a cabernet I'll spring for a merlot or a six pack of the local brew, Summit Pale Ale. :D
Ralph

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
Ok, OK, OK, _OK_ *_OK_*! This is getting waaaaay outa hand! Neeeeow! Let me clear this up once and for all, before everyone starts givin' each other virtual hugs with winky smilies!

1. I was feeling so woosey by the time I got home that I counted my meds, and yes, I did in fact miss my dose yesterday. So I am technically not resposible for any warm or wet posts I made yesterday!

2. If I have $5 left over, I'm buyin' little plastic people and taken' them to lunch! They eat less. So, I won't be spendin' $5 on lunch for any of you, much less $100 on 90 gallons of coffee!

3. My wife only weighs about 100# but is a brown belt in Kyuko Shin Kai, and will be defending the fort as I stand firmly behind her, along with the angry chihuahuas!

Now get back to teachin' me stuff!

N Gauger

Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Originally posted by jon-monon
Ok, OK, OK, _OK_ *_OK_*! This is getting waaaaay outa hand! Neeeeow! Let me clear this up once and for all, before everyone starts givin' each other virtual hugs with winky smilies!

1. I was feeling so woosey by the time I got home that I counted my meds, and yes, I did in fact miss my dose yesterday. So I am technically not resposible for any warm or wet posts I made yesterday!

2. If I have $5 left over, I'm buyin' little plastic people and taken' them to lunch! They eat less. So, I won't be spendin' $5 on lunch for any of you, much less $100 on 90 gallons of coffee!

3. My wife only weighs about 100# but is a brown belt in Kyuko Shin Kai, and will be defending the fort as I stand firmly behind her, along with the angry chihuahuas!

Now get back to teachin' me stuff!

well if you are going to buy the figs anyways........ Take a picture!!

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

~~ Mikey

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
If I have $5 left over, I'm buyin' little plastic people and taken' them to lunch! They eat less. So, I won't be spendin' $5 on lunch for any of you, much less $100 on 90 gallons of coffee!

Rats!, and I had a tankful o' gas, change for the tolls, a bottle of 12 year old single malt, and Taco Bell contracts for the chihuahuas, all ready for the party. Oh well, maybe next year.

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Darn it Jon!!!!!
Yesterday, I shipped a standard (big) "Box" of my good stuff for picking up on the PK line depot as a surprise for the 732 visitors who are now not getting to visit! Just mark the Box "RTS" (return to sender). (thinks.... will I ever see my hooch again and can I sue for my prepaid airfare??? :D :D :p )

I agree 100% with you're first post though.... I've been inspired by the hints, tips and photos posted in here irrespective of the gauge modelled.

Errol

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
Originally posted by sumpter250

Rats!, and I had a tankful o' gas, change for the tolls, a bottle of 12 year old single malt, and Taco Bell contracts for the chihuahuas, all ready for the party. Oh well, maybe next year.

To quote the Wizzards gate guard, "Why didn't ya say soooooo?" Yeehaw! c'mon out! By the time we finish the good stuff, I am expecting a large shippment from Dep. RB we can start in on.

Mike R

Jan 18, 2002
Meaford Ontario Canada
Visit site
Kyokushinkai Karate was founded by Masutatsu Oyama.
He defeated 52 bulls barehanded, beginning in 1953, killing three outright, and snapping a horn off of 48 of them. Needless to say, this is not what animal rights groups care for...but Jon-Monon would appear to have pretty effective security for his home and hobby!
regards / Mike

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
Mike yerrrrright! One tough bunch! Her instructor broke a 2" thick natural stone that I picked out of a creek. He doesn't do that very often, but did one for the Americano. I photod it. I should dig that out and post it.

Errol, when I got home last night there was an opened box on the loading dock. They didn't even move it in the warehouse. The paperwork indicated it came from accross the pond. Thick black liquid. The label says G.E.S. Now all the little plastic people can't stand up! I stand them up, they fall down. I stand them up again , they fall down again. They smell funny too! Kinda like solvent! Any ideas?