Thanks David 60103

interurban

For the wet and dry paper .

I finished the shelter thanks to your gift.

Attachments

• bits and bobs 001.jpg
    bits and bobs 001.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 57
  • bits and bobs 002.jpg
    bits and bobs 002.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 59
  • bits and bobs 003.jpg
    bits and bobs 003.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 77

doctorwayne

Looks great, Chris :thumb: , and a great idea. I wish I'd thought of that several years ago. We bought a house that needed some tlc, and a lot of cleaning up and clearing out. Among the "extras" were thousands (no exagerration) of sheets of sandpaper, including at least six or seven thousand sheets of wet/dry paper in various grades all the way from 160 or so, to 1500. I kept what I thought I might use over a lifetime (not much :cry: ), then sold the rest to an autobody shop. Most of the other stuff was cloth-backed, in various grades and different types of abrasives, and, for a while, I was known at work as Mister Sandpaper - cheap sandpaper for the masses.:D

Wayne

Pooh Bah
Chris: I think your roof turned out a touch better than mine. Isn't it a bore cutting all those notches? I tried doing multiple layers and it all slid around under the ruler.
(Notes: shingles seem to be a foot square. I made mine in 4mm strips with notches at 4mm, then offset them about 2mm between strips.)
Did you think there was a bench in the shelter? I thought I had a piece, but I don't seem to have installed it.

interurban

I cheated David, I guessed the shingle cut and held 4 or 5 in my hand and cut them that way.

I thing the black paint I added to hide some glue run off brought it together better.

Bench ?
You had installed one in yours David at the show.
I had a spare one already made up so I added it I am going to add a couple of adds inside and out side mine.

Here is a link to free stuff.
http://www.craftsmankits.com/FREESTUFF/billboard.htm

Pooh Bah
One note for anyone building the shelter, as Chris and I both had this problem.
The walls consist ofa sheet of scribed wood and a cutout of the framing. The back wall scribed sheet is just a little too narrow and daylight shows through in the corners. (Chris seems to have done something about it.) the framing sheet fits OK, so the wall needs a bit of extra on the sides.