Thank you

Discussion in 'Competitions & Challenges' started by ezdays, Apr 19, 2006.

1. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Thank you all that participated in the beta test for changes to the photo contest. Your inputs were valuable and I think will contribute to a much better contest in the future.

As promised, all pics in the bata contest Gallery were deleted, and since that would screw up all the beta test links, I just went ahead and deleted all the test threads as well.

Based on the poll results, I think what the next contest will look like is as follows:
    • All pictures will be entered in a contest catagory in the Gallery
    • The Gallery then will create a thumbnail of each entry and you can click on the thumbnail to view the full-sized picture
    • The full-sized picture or the thumbnail can be linked to the contest thread if the poster wishes, I'll include an easy way to do that.
    • Comments may be made either in the Gallery or in the contest thread.
    • The voting thread will include the poll and a thumbnail of each entry. These thumbnails will be clickable and will take you to the full-sized pictures.
    If there are any further comments or suggestions, feel free to post them here in this thread.

Thanks again for your help,
  2. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

Thanks Don. I appreciate your efforts.
  3. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

Thanks for the hard work, Don. Be looking forward to seeing how it comes out.:thumb:
  4. Stu McGee

Stu McGee Member

What do you folks reccomend in digital cameras. There must be some favorites out there. After missing a bunch of opportunities in the last few weeks, because we can't find the family camera, last seen in New Hampshire or maybe Tuluum.
  5. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

It's about 4 years old but I am still very happy with it - Kodak DX4900, 4.0 mega pixels.
  6. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Stu,
    Are you talking new or used? There's so much out there that it would be hard to recommend something. One also has to be careful. My first digital was a Vivitar 2.3 mp. It was fine for taking pictures, but I thought it was a bit slow and ate batteries like they were free. I finally bought an Olympus C5000 a few years ago and I couldn't believe how bad the Vivitar really was. The Olympus is about 20 times faster on boot-up, 10 times faster on recycle and a tiny battery pack lasts maybe 100 shots whereas the Vivitar used four AA cells that only lasted at best, 20 shots.

I know there's some nice cameras selling new in the $300 range and that has more than the 5 mp of my Olympus but it has to be difficult to choose one. I'd just say go with a good brand name like Kodak or Olympus and stay away from the lesser ones regardless of how good a deal they may be.

I just sold my Vivitar through "I sold it on ebay" for a miminum bid of $15, which tells you how popular it is. If I'm lucky I'll net $7 for it, but it's gone and I'm glad for that.:D :D
  7. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

I have two. Kodak LS443 4.0 mp. Takes nice pics and has its own battery and a dock. Than...there's the HP 215. 1.5mps, takes OK pics, but eats up batteries like they were Chee-toes.